Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: East Fork

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork

What's going on at EF?

I went last Thurs after work, caught about 30 or so. Nothing to brag about. Water temp was 59 to 62 but it was windy. Fishing was a litle slower than I expected but it was only my second time to the lake this year. Due to high winds I hid in some more sheltered water.

I was at ky lake 4/19 to 4/28. Had a good trip and even with the rapidly falling water the week before we arrived and the fluctuating water while we were there, we had a pretty good trip. Lots of fish in the 12"-15"

I was kind of wondering what they were going to do with the water level at EF? Are they going to keep it up or drop it for the ramp repair? I guess time will tell.

smblkc Guest

I fished East Fork about a week and a half ago. I was only out for about an hour and a half. A bulk of the crappie that were caught were just plain tiny.

Usually I fish at night for cats at East Fork, but will probably start fishing for crappie and bass there as well. So, any hints, tips or pointers about EF are appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I know alot of guys catching crappie over a lb at E.F. in our crappie tournaments we even had a couple over 1.5 lbs. They are there just have to catch them.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a weird spring, but they should be ready to really turn on soon. The up and down temps I think have them a little messed up. Most of the females we caught last week were just starting to plump up with eggs, and the male blacks were starting to darken up, but the surface temps were already mid 60s then. I haven't been out since Sunday myself, so I'm not sure what they are doing now. There were some real slabs caught last Sunday in the tournament. They are there to be caught. The winning bag for 7 fish in the Crappie USA tourney two weeks ago was over 8 pounds. You just gotta get away from the community holes where everyone and their brother fishes and find some cover that isn't beat to death to find the good fish.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I went again last night. I really didn't do any good, a few here and there. It seems later in the year than it really is. Normally I'm killing them on jigs.

It has been a weird spring, but I think I feel that way most years. The high water early on had kept me off the lake early in the season. I'm a few months behind in trying to put something together. It can only get better. (I hope)

Post Thanks / Like

At least you're on the water...With work and my boys' baseball prectices and games I can't seem to find time to be on the lake. I might have to resort to night fishing before long. I hope to get out Saturday evening for a bit.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to turkey hunt this weekend. Then fish once/twice after work next week. If I get rained out on hunting may go fishing instead. I've only been on the water maybe 7 hours since ky lake trip 3 weeks ago.

I did the soccer thing, coaching and games. Maybe 10 years ago. I missed it for a few years after they grew up. It keeps ya busy. I know I never had any free time.

SpeckWick, I was wondering where you were. I thought maybe with the goofy water levels all spring, you might be suffering from clinical depression.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    SpeckWick, I was wondering where you were. I thought maybe with the goofy water levels all spring, you might be suffering from clinical depression.
    I was close, LOL. I fished on the flooded stuff a few times, talk about an experience. It was like a totally different lake. Believe me, I was glad to see it go back to normal, that's for certain.
    Yeah the baseball thing takes up a lot of time, but I really do enjoy watching and working with my boys and the other kids. With three of them playing, I really struggle to get on the water, but their only young once, ya know.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com