Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tough fishing at Mark Twain saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default tough fishing at Mark Twain saturday

Since everything else is either up, muddy or both we went to MTL. It is 8 ft. above normal pool and muddy/murky. But it wasn't as muddy as I thought it might have been. The water temp. went from 55 to 59 during the day. But betweent he cold front and the water conditions it was tough. I caught 3 and my husband caught 6. 8 of them came from 1 spot. Most trees are under the water. Couldn't fish some of our normal spots they were all under the water. Not very may people out fishing. And nobody doing any good. Only saw 1 other person catch a crappie. We did catch a few females and they are ready to spawn. Need some warmer, sunny days. Not this rainy cold stuff. Plenty of room in the parking lots. Use to seeeing them packed like sardines this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Perch- What part of the lake did you fish? How deep were the fish you cought? Any close to the bank yet? Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

At least you caught some fish!!!! I didn't get a bite! :D But it was a wonderful day on the almost ice in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Lick Creek. I know it is probably not the best part to fish but it is the area we know. Couldn't fish our favorite trees they were all under water. We caught the fish at 6 ft. They were about 4 ft. off the bank. My husband caught his over a cedar tree that had the top down in the water. Usually it is way up on dry land. We also used minners and crappie nibbles.