Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Day on Tombigbee

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Good Day on Tombigbee

Took the wife for her first trolling trip.We done OK.Brought 32 home.Running to the small side.Still missing some fish.Gotta figure this out.Most were caught on 1/16 chartruece.Also lost some bigger fish on some cheap wally world jigs.The eyes were breaking were they came out of the heads.Never had this happen before.Gotta replace these ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like

never heard of the eye's breaking what's the brand name,want to stay away from those

Post Thanks / Like

Default Faulty black jig and hooks.

I tied the jigs on with loop knot.Hung some bigger fish on black hair jigs bought at WW.The hooks broke where they were joined to the head.All I got back was loop and the eye.Sorry but don't know brand other than they were labeled as crappie jigs.Next time in I will get brand.Not a namebrand jig.Locals use them mostly catching skipjack.When I straightened hook on snag the gold plating peeled off the hook like egg shell. I reckon there is a lesson to be learned on jigs and hooks,Cheaper is not always the best way to go.Seemed like the were overheated causing cheap hook to weaken.The eye broke even with the lead on top.Only the black ones showed defect.Trashed all colors and ordered some from Cabelas.