Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie roe/Weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crappie roe/Weiss

Fished yesterday at Cowan Creek. Caught a few under docks--many almost 10" and many 9.5" (of course we put them back!). We caught some keepers
    (10" and better); Caught most under docks, but when storm came through,
    they quit biting; trolled some. Got tired, headed home towards bridge to
    Roosters' landing. trolled caught three nice slabs (full of roe!); when we got home, cleaned fish and ALL had roe, not a single male! We may be in for a May spawn, I think. It is possible that our unpredictable weather this spring has resulted in a poor early spawn. At least, that is what I'm thinking. We also caught 3 super nice channel cats trolling with live shiners.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished Neely Henry today and brought home 25 crappie. To my suprise all the females I cleaned still had eggs in them. This up and down weather must have delayed the spawn.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Weiss on Saturday up in Mud Creek. I fished laydowns in shallow water, and caught only one female with eggs. Caught plenty of males. I haven't been to Weiss in several weeks, so I wasn't sure what stage of the spawn the fish are in.