Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Walleye in Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye in Ga.

Guys,,,I grew up in MPLS. in the 60's/70's But lived down south for years.
    Had a fellow crappie. com member (Hooch Slayer) catch this 2.5 wally in 6 foot of water in standing timber on a miinow about 3 foot down right next to a stickup tree. Lake Laneir out of Atlanta. The timber sits on a river channel about 14 foot deep which sits in front of a rocky bluffs. Big rocks on shoreline. Heard someone else caught a 5 pounder bass fishing with a rubber worm near the same area.

Possibly up the river to spawn??? Water temp was 67. So they have to be in the area because of the rocks I think. Anyone know what is the best way to target them here. Do I fish with nightcrawlers up near the rocks? or on the channel ledges in deeper water. Don't think there are rocks on the channel just up shoreline. I know they are hard to pickup with a fishfinder because they will hang on the bottom. Planning on going back at night with lights for crappie and I thought I would throw a bigger jig with a nitghtcrawler and weight over to the rocks and let her sit.
    Any tips out here????
    Thanks!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiekeith View Post
    Thanks for the come back. I did not get the responce back on my post as I thought I would. The article talks about fishing a river for them. The deal with the river that fills our lake is that it is very very slow moving. So there is no current in it just another part of the lake really. Guess I will just take a nightcrawler and toss it shallow on the rocks and see what happens. When people catch walleye in this lake it is by accident when they are crappie or bass fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Well then trollwith plastics on jigs or lindy rigs.
    the same baits used on the river are used in trolling for eyes.
    You can also use a slip bobber with a crwler or leech or minnow set so the bait is a foot off owf the bottom on the structure that the eyes are holding too.