Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Morel's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Morel's

Anybody finding any Morel's as of 4-25. Have been looking however, no luck. Any and all posts welcome. Don't need to be specific but are you in the Southern, Central, or Northern part of the state? And with that, I'll see you in the timber.
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

Finding many morels in central indiana. Need a little rain for the larger ones. I have found about 400 this week none larger then 2".
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

cold front going to kill the season or just a week?

Post Thanks / Like

Cold front will only harm the mushrooms that have already popped. It won't hurt anything much unless it's a heavy heavy frost.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Found about 20 small greys in north central indiana. Going to look a little longer tomorrow. I don't worry much about the cold, id actually rather it get cold for a day then get excessively hot. Sounds like it will rebound back into the 50-60's the rest of the week so i'm thinking next weekend may be great up here. If we keep getting these rain systems every 3-4 days as forecasted and the temps stay in that 60 degree range i think we will have a nice long season.

Post Thanks / Like

We found 57 yesterday and about 157 ticks. Never saw so many ticks, the permanone I sprayed on my clothes must of been old because they seemed to like it. We only found one big one a yellow actually saw that driving to our next spot alonside the road. I think the cold front which isn't a severe one will extend the morel season and the rain will be good for morels as well keeping the ground moist. But I am in Southern IN and it will be colder up north.