Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Salt Water Get Together Dates?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 27th through June 29th

6 42.86%
  • July 4th through July 6th (Independence day weekend)

7 50.00%
  • July 25th through July 27th

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt water get together in Louisiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salt water get together in Louisiana

Hey guys/gals here are a few dates to pick from for the salt water get together. These MAY be subject to change but these are the ones I have for now. We will go with what the majority wants. This is a public poll.

I would like to invite ALL that want to come. You don't have to be from Louisiana I would love to see some members from other states come down and enjoy some fishing,crabbing, and shrimping with us! I will post some pictures from previous gatherings a little later so yall will have an idea of what kind of BIG FUN we have!

Some pictures from the 2007 Salt Water Gathering.
    The Crabs

The Shrimp

This wasn't caught at the gathering but was caught at the same place that we catch the shrimp and crabs!

This was also caught at another wier that we catch the shrimp and crabs at.

Another one, this one was caught at the same wier the red was caught at but at a different time.

This one was caught at the gathering and it was at yet another wier that we shrimp and crab at.

This is Jlaughlin's son (far right) and Jlaughlin (far left) and our wifes (his is the one with the arms raised) castnetting for shrimp at one of the wiers.

And if that is not enough to get yall to want to come, here is a few of the extras that you get.
    Home made cooking!

I do have more pictues and will post some later but didn't want to bog down the members with dial up.
    Last edited by shadow; 04-24-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane, just let me know when it is,I didn't vote because I can be there whenever, but you already knew that. Looking forward to it.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne...i Sent An Email A While Back To You About Places To Stay, Etc. Can You Give Me Some Info.....jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BENTHOOK2 View Post
    Dwayne...i Sent An Email A While Back To You About Places To Stay, Etc. Can You Give Me Some Info.....jim
    Hey Mr.Jim, I replied to it. Did you not get it?
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and i would love to come down there we have never been down there, and have never been shrimpin and we would both love to give it a try. Is there a camp ground to stay at? Or where does everyone stay at, Do people bring there boats? Looks like a great time, cant wait

Post Thanks / Like

Where does this take place? In the lake Charles area? I live in the Houston area, so it would be pretty close. any other details?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOCK-SHOOTER95 View Post
    My wife and i would love to come down there we have never been down there, and have never been shrimpin and we would both love to give it a try. Is there a camp ground to stay at? Or where does everyone stay at, Do people bring there boats? Looks like a great time, cant wait
    There are a few RV campgrounds close or there are hotels in Lake Charles that you can stay at. There are a few rent houses at the lake but they start out at $135 a night, I believe. We usually do the crab boils at my house. Most people do bring there boats as the places that we go, you need a boat. If you decide you don't want to bring your boat there are a couple of places that I can show you to crab, but I would recommend bringing a boat.

I will try to get the #'s of the RV campgrounds when I get home or Johnny, if you are reading this maybe you can do a search for them and get them posted for me.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TxBigRed View Post
    Where does this take place? In the lake Charles area? I live in the Houston area, so it would be pretty close. any other details?

Dave
    Yes, this takes place south of Lake Charles. I usually do the crab/shrimp boils/ fish fry at my house and we usually meet up at the lake or I have people follow me down to Rockafeller (Hour away from my house) to chase the shrimp and crabs. Sometimes we get lucky and don't have alot of wind and can do everything 5 minutes from my house at Calcasieu Lake (Big Lake as it is known by the locals).
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Default More pictures

Not a common fish to big lake although I did catch this one on the south end.
    Triple Tail = Great Eating!

Fishin Magician and crews catch from 2006 get together

Fishin Magician useing a new technique to land a red fish......"Just but him in the basket!"

Some of the guys cast netting for shrimp.

And one of the first crew (First salt water get together- 2006) Enjoying some boiled crabs.
    Last edited by shadow; 04-25-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

looks awesome!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast