Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slab Buster Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab Buster Question

I bought some Slab Busters at Everhart's in Jeff City on my way home today and I noticed they didn't have that intense (yet lovely:p) aroma of garlic to em. The ones I bought at Edgar Outdoors could singe yer nose hairs if ya took a whiff of the sack they were in, because the scent was so strong:D I asked the fella at Everhart's about that and he said he told Jack to tone the garlic down for his shipments as it made the whole store smell like garlic lol. Now...my question is, do ya'll think the strong garlic scent helps that much or not? My opinion is yes it definately helps, but I wanted to hear ya'll opinions on it. I may not buy anymore from there just because of that.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

The More The Better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmie

happy hookin Guest

re ur garlic question
    i have been told by several fishermen that u should carry a bottle of minced garlic or garlic juice and use on your jigs or inject into your jigs..

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a can of spray garlic oil....Spay it on everything.....My boat smells like it came of the Italian Riviera!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I'll pick up some oil/spray today from either a grocery store or sporting goods store and hose down my gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I bought some Slab Busters at Everhart's in Jeff City on my way home today and I noticed they didn't have that intense (yet lovely:p) aroma of garlic to em. The ones I bought at Edgar Outdoors could singe yer nose hairs if ya took a whiff of the sack they were in, because the scent was so strong:D I asked the fella at Everhart's about that and he said he told Jack to tone the garlic down for his shipments as it made the whole store smell like garlic lol. Now...my question is, do ya'll think the strong garlic scent helps that much or not? My opinion is yes it definately helps, but I wanted to hear ya'll opinions on it. I may not buy anymore from there just because of that.
    Whistler, contact Jack Stevens at 573-374-1337 and he will take care of it.
    Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackpot,
    it's not that big of deal for me, I'll just check out the other place in Jefferson City that sells em and see if the "potency" is any better.:D I will try to find some kinda garlic spray or something today tho while I'm out and about.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the garlic and I will tell you a little story Bug man longliner and I were fishing on the glaze arm at LOZ and longliner had a can of that garlic spray and every time he used it some would drift to the water all I had to do was pitch in his area of fishing and bam fish on..... remember monk? yea I try to keep a can of the garlic spray in the boat good for fish good for bologna,,,

Post Thanks / Like

I say "what the hell?" surely can't hurt, can it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I like the garlic and I will tell you a little story Bug man longliner and I were fishing on the glaze arm at LOZ and longliner had a can of that garlic spray and every time he used it some would drift to the water all I had to do was pitch in his area of fishing and bam fish on..... remember monk? yea I try to keep a can of the garlic spray in the boat good for fish good for bologna,,,
    Yes I remember Beagle and I still have it in the boat. I think it helps at certain times and now with the water being muddy and stained I would think it would be a plus.
    Monk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast