Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Northeast Indiana Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northeast Indiana Crappie Fishing

Hi to all, I will be visting Allen County area in 2 weeks, where can you find the best Crappie fishing in this area of the state?

carp46755 Guest

Default Northeast Indiana Crappie Fishing

There is good crappie fishing on Hamilton Lk. this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carp46755 View Post
    There is good crappie fishing on Hamilton Lk. this time of year.
    Thanks, I've never been there but would be worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what kind of lake you are looking for, but there is a small lake north of ft wayne that is a great crappie lake. It is only accessible down a farmer's lane thru his fields and can only be fished without gas engines. If you have more than a small boat you won't be able to launch. I can get my 17 foot basstracker panfish model in with some maneuvering down the ramp and 4 wheel drive on my truck. The guy charges $5 to fish. My brother and I got a mess of 12 inchers this past Sunday in about 2 hrs time.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a honey hole to me!:D
    Got a small jon boat, no motor.
    Got 5 bucks........

Where at..........pm me directions, please, pretty please:p:p

Going to take the grandaughter out in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiewisdom View Post
    I don't know what kind of lake you are looking for, but there is a small lake north of ft wayne that is a great crappie lake. It is only accessible down a farmer's lane thru his fields and can only be fished without gas engines. If you have more than a small boat you won't be able to launch. I can get my 17 foot basstracker panfish model in with some maneuvering down the ramp and 4 wheel drive on my truck. The guy charges $5 to fish. My brother and I got a mess of 12 inchers this past Sunday in about 2 hrs time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up To Bob #1

The Lake Is North Of Kendallville. Called Nauvoo Lake. About A 12 Acre Lake. Not Fished Much. Go To Kendallville And Go North At The Intersection Of 3 And 6. There Is A Road Behind The Shopping Center That Goes To The Left. I Think It Is County Rd 550 E. Stay On This Rd For Awhile. Just Past Co Rd 1150 N And Right Around Co Rd 800 S There Is A Farm On The West Side Of The Rd. There Is Little Sign That Says Nauvoo Lake. There Is A One Lane Dirt Rd With A Gate That Takes You To The Lake. Fish Straight Out From The Boat Ramp Near The Lilly Pads Across The Lake.
    Perfect Place To Take A Kid Fishing. I Hear There's Lots Of Gills Too.

Get Yourself An Uncle Larry's Map Of Lakes For Ne Indiana. It's On There.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I made my trip last weekend to Little Turkey instead of going to Hamilton Lake. I fished for 3 days straight and caught a mess of Crappie, Sunday caught about 9, Monday caught about 15...but Tuesday I caught about 25. My cousin caught more than me. Had a wonderful time. Most where not the slabs of 13" - 14" but where close. My dad went this past weekend and caught about 14.

Does anyone here fish Little Turkey often?

Post Thanks / Like

fish turkey on ice but rarely open water. next time over drop me a line and ill put you on some slabs bud.