Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truman tailwaters

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman tailwaters

Finally went to the dead channel below the dam yesturday. The weather wasn't as nice as we had expected. Just as I started to get into the crappie my partner noticed his boat was taking on water. So not much to report on my behalf but heard that it was kind of slow for others also.
    Chucks boat don't leak........

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that they shut down the dam yesterday.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from fishing the old channel below Truman Dam. (Us and about 200 other boats). We got there around 8am and stopped fishing around 11:30 am. Brought home 25 nice crappie between 10 and 15 inches. Largest one weighed 1 Lb 8 oz. Must have caught 150 in all. 10 feet deep in 15 to 25 feet of water. Blk/Char and Red/Char Slab Busters. Had a ball!

Will post pics later as I have to drive my son back to Ft Leonard Wood now.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

They are taking so long saying "goodbye" I can post a pic now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT JOB bwill. i reconize you from the pic you posted. that was me loading up the same time as you in the blue ranger. if i knew it was you i would have introduced myself. me & my 2 buddies caught 45 over 10 inches sat. afternoon & another 45 over 10 inches sunday. was a great time.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob. Glad you and your boy got into them. Sounds like some good fish to.

Post Thanks / Like

didn't see any decals We were at the dead water Saturday - early and Sunday even earlier lots of boats there - looked and looked for Missouri.com decals :rolleyes: didn't see a one but apparently a couple of you guys were there also - of course it would be easy to miss one boat out of the anywhere from 30 - 75 that were in that area depending on the time of day. Good fishing guys

Post Thanks / Like

Great job fellas! Might havta see if some of you boys wanna hook up next weekend and give me some pointers on the truman tailwaters. My boy and I tried it Sat. (1st time I've ever fished it) and we just trolled around with jigs. We caught some that way, but nothing like the numbers ya'll got.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    didn't see any decals We were at the dead water Saturday - early and Sunday even earlier lots of boats there - looked and looked for Missouri.com decals :rolleyes: didn't see a one but apparently a couple of you guys were there also - of course it would be easy to miss one boat out of the anywhere from 30 - 75 that were in that area depending on the time of day. Good fishing guys
    I gotta clean my boat before I put those purdy decals on it. :rolleyes: I met Osage Mo and his wife out there this morning. I saw his decal and introduced myself.
    Say Hi next time Rangerman. Thot for sure you would know I was a crappie.com'er by the way I carried my pole.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Well bwillaub, we struggled Sun but caught a few Sat. Seemed like they changed after it warmed up. It was nice to meet you. Had several people tell me to keep moving and seen slab busters on a lot of lines. Good fishing, Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast