Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman report

In a word, TOUGH. Fished all day Wed in the wind - dipping in whitecaps. Fish are 12-16 feet deep. Got 12 nice ones Wed - 11-14 inches. Went out this morning excited because the wind had died down and caught 5 fish in 5 hours - 1 keeper - 13 1/2. Went down below the dam for a couple hours and caught 8 more keepers. Lots of fish being caught there. Richard has been bringing in 45 a day down there. 9 feet deep, slow trolling/drifting. Going back down in the morning, now that I know how to do it. Beagle and Barn, good to see you guys Wed. You didn't miss anything today up on the lake - they are drawing it down hard. Good fishing.

Jim
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough is right, Dr. Jim.....Nitro & I were there thursday, fished 6 hrs and 3 keepers. Water temp 50. Fished cedar cove, Bluffs, all over, couldn't make-em BITE! Going sat. somewhere? Thanks, and keep us posted....Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

got back this evening. Caught limits below the dam. Saw Sipes and Sipes down there. Man, what a fish catching machine. They were as busy as cranberry merchants - impressive to say the least. I heard the water is clearer down by Long Shoal. When we got off the lake yesterday afternoon, the surface temp by Bucksaw was 55 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I'll be at Pomme this week, but might go to Truman as well. The fish are probably on the same pattern both lakes- at least close. The lady at our resort wasn't much help when we called ahead for advanced info. Funny-you'd think folks in the business would keep up to date info for call-ins.

Post Thanks / Like

There's alot of fish being caught below Truman Dam in the slackwater (old channel) side. If I were going to be close, I'd go there. You'll catch them. 10 feet deep - 1/8 oz jig dragging real slow. Try roadrunner heads - they smack it hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Never been below the dam....how many boats at one time can fish?
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

It would hold hundreds of boats to be able to walk across it. There's generally 20-40 boats, but you can fish it and be at least 30 feet from another boat. If you like to drink alot when fishing, you might want to bring a bucket. There's no doubt in my mind though, that you can catch limits of fish from 10-13 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Truman today, 1st time for me goin. My son and I put in at Bledsoe Ferry in the slack water side. Didn't really have a clue how to fish those waters, so I just watched everyone else. We trolled back and forth with Green/Pink Slab Busters..ended up with 10 nice ones. Thought maybe it was just us havin a tough time, but everyone else I talked to said it was real slow for them too.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe ferry is on the LOZ. They had been doing real good down there. The rain last night must have slowed them down.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't even think about that as being LOZ lol, but you are correct. I guess since I was at Truman Dam, I figured it was Truman lmao. I never claimed to be a smart one heheh.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast