Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is everyone ok with the high water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is everyone ok with the high water?

I know if we get anymore rain I will be able to fish in my back yard. I live off of Highway 71 alternate between Carthage and Webb City and the water from Center Creek is about to go over 71 alternate. If the highway project was completed this would be 71 Highway.

Hope everyone is ok!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the fishing is going to be next year. With all the water I think we have shot craps this year.

Bender, I just hope it does not mess up our youth turkey hunting on Saturday. I do not know if Jr. and I can take not being to fish or hunt.

Spring River is way out of the banks as is Center Creek south of Carthage. I am assuing North Fork is but I have not been out to see yet.

Post Thanks / Like

37 is closed again. White oak is roaring again. Snow and freezing for sat. Best thing to do is have breakfast and coffee at the club.If anyone sees anybudy doing a rain dance please do away with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Bender - you have been ratted out :p:p I thought you told me you were doing yard work saturday

Looks like your going turkey hunting - which turkey are you hunting???

What happened to the ball tournaments??

Now I am wondering if you really did clean out your garage or if that was just a bunch of crap too.:p:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    I know if we get anymore rain I will be able to fish in my back yard. I live off of Highway 71 alternate between Carthage and Webb City and the water from Center Creek is about to go over 71 alternate. If the highway project was completed this would be 71 Highway.

Hope everyone is ok!

yep thanx for asking... i love my water HIGH:D:D:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Bender - you have been ratted out :p:p I thought you told me you were doing yard work saturday

Looks like your going turkey hunting - which turkey are you hunting???

What happened to the ball tournaments??

Now I am wondering if you really did clean out your garage or if that was just a bunch of crap too.:p:D

Well lets see my tree stand is now 50 to 60 yards from the new shore line and is sitting in 3 to 4 foot of water. The road in is 8 to 10 foot under water and the gate is padlocked about my waste high so I would have to launch my boat motor to the gate, dive in and swim down to unlock the gate. Motor to my stand/dock. Once in my stand I would be hunting swimming turkey's/ducks and that would be illegal! On second thought maybe the crappie I have been looking for are making nests under the stand and I should be fishing.

It looks like the only TURKEY I will be hunting goes by Justin Jiggin!!:D

As of tonight the baseball tournamet has been rescheduled to the 19th. I think because the bases are under water at the moment. (See On second thought above)

I have witnesses that I cleaned out the garage and yes I threw out a bunch of crap! :D

All I have left is plan A which is yard work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Who is Justin Jiggin lmao:D

I guess we will buy the story for now. Doesn't look like fishin in the forecast for Saturday (in the snow - I don't think so) but will see what Sunday brings. New boat and can't launch it anywhere - but if the rain continues, we may be able to launch it at the east end of our subdivision and motor to work For now - we are dry - we have been reduced to one way in and out - but I am sure the creek will drop as fast as it rose and we should be able to resume our normal routes tomorrow.

If you find crappie under your tree stand - give me a call:D

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Just Jiggin;492342]Who is Justin Jiggin lmao:D

That is the turkey I will be hunting, and if that does not work out, I will take aim at his brother by another mother Just Jiggin!:D Bahaaaa! I crack myself up!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    yep thanx for asking... i love my water HIGH:D:D:D
    Jeffie, you like everything HIGH.:rolleyes:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.