Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Summit State Park

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Summit State Park

Going crappie fishing there in two weeks. (or bluegill fishing if need to). Never been to the lake. I would appreciate any information possible. Depth, cover etc. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the cove that the Blue River flows into on the far east side of the lake. Some people call it Beaver Creek. Fish the HOOK in the Channel. The channel is about 10' deep right now and the fish are suspended over or around the channel. Use Minnows on small leadheads (1/32) if you're gonna throw jigs. Use Yellow and White.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I appreciate any information. There are six of us going, two to a boat. Feel free to give any other info you or anyone else thinks of. Thanks again. Will abe there 4-18 and 4-20.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a pretty simple area to find. When you go through the gate and come to the 'T' in the road turn RIGHT. Take this about 1/4 mile to the end of the road. Launch from this ramp there's lots of parking. In the boat: When you leave this ramp area you will see a marker bouy on the right. Go around this bouy, but give yourself some space (it's a shallow sand and gravel bar). As soon as you pass the bouy heading toward open water look to your far RIGHT. There is a long cove there not far from the ramp. That's Beaver Creek. As you head up through the cove you will see the cove begin to turn to the right. This is what they call the HOOK. Fish that point around the HOOK. You can fish the flooded timber right across from the point as well. There is a lot of flooded timber farther back in the cove, but I don't do too well once I pass the the turn. Fish the area around the turn. It's 7-10' deep and fish are USUALLY around 3-5' deep. That's as close as I can get you without being in the boat with you.

Minnows under a bobber or small curl tailed grubs 1/32 or less (Yellow/Chartruese)
    Last edited by PapermouthLegend; 04-09-2008 at 07:27 AM.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot. Sounds like very good directions. I will let you know how I do.