Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ gave some up

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ gave some up

Fished LOZ Sat. and Sun. Sat. was lot of work to find the fish had 19 keepers between 2 of us. Sun. was fabulous, they started hitting like crazy about 1:00 couldnt get the bait in the water fast enough! Had 2 limits in about 1 hr after they started good. Found them in 2-3 ft of water draggin a chartruse slab buster under a bobber about 15 inches. Man they hit it hard. It was a good day and hope many more to come!!! All ranged from 11-13 even had a 14 incher and all fish were full of shad and about 75% of them were males. Seems they just started moving up good Sun. afternoon. Sat. caught a few up but most were in 8-10 ft of water. God I need to retire so I can do this everyday or atleast for 2 months in the spring.:D

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding duck, got to be nice when the fish bite on your day's off, most of the time they don't. hope they bite today... thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Your report is a lot better than mine. We fished around the Lodge area and only managed 5--however those five were BIG. We caught them all on minnows in about 5' of water. Tried black/chr under a bobber for a long while without any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Report Duck

Sure Would Like To Head That Way Soon ...thanks Again For The Report

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmcduck View Post
    Fished LOZ Sat. and Sun. Sat. was lot of work to find the fish had 19 keepers between 2 of us. Sun. was fabulous, they started hitting like crazy about 1:00 couldnt get the bait in the water fast enough! Had 2 limits in about 1 hr after they started good. Found them in 2-3 ft of water draggin a chartruse slab buster under a bobber about 15 inches. Man they hit it hard. It was a good day and hope many more to come!!! All ranged from 11-13 even had a 14 incher and all fish were full of shad and about 75% of them were males. Seems they just started moving up good Sun. afternoon. Sat. caught a few up but most were in 8-10 ft of water. God I need to retire so I can do this everyday or atleast for 2 months in the spring.:D
    Thanks for the good news. My gang is gonna roll in to the Little Niangua on Wed for a spring reunion. I will be on the water the 11th -14th. Looking forward to some time off.

Post Thanks / Like

Duck, good to hear some good fishing on LOZ! What part of the lake were you on?
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Great news....I was starting to give up hope for this year.

What part of the lake were you on?
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, I feel some sickness coming on. Would hate to miss any work right now.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Was up the Osage, about the 48 mm Pretty dirty and with more rain predicted dont see it getting any better.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Way to go Duck!

Our water here on the Niangua is really dark, have friends coming down on Wednesday-they only fish from the dock, but they only come up from the dock for meals! Hope the fish cooperate! They will be here for 3 days-2 days of golf and the rest of the time fishing!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast