Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuel

I get this feeling I'll be telling my children, "I remember when gas was $1.59 a gallon."

The petroleum industry knows that we will pay the kind of money we have been for their product the last year. It may never come back to the level it was............................I'm sure fuel prices will come down, but not where they were 3-4 years ago.

What's the solution? Hybrids?
    What's next? Increased energy bills?
    Anyone else see a "crash and burn" in the economy in the next 10 years?

We used to budget $20.00 a week for fuel in my vehicle. That would get me to and from work, a couple fishing trips a week, and some "chore" driving.
    It just cost me $43.57 to fill the tank up....................................
    Last edited by Big Zig; 04-13-2005 at 10:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think what most people can do is remember this the next time they go to the ballot box.

I don't think it's a mystery why we are paying so much for fuel these days.

But mostly people don't want to touch on the subject. Just have to ask the question..."Are we better off than we were six years ago?"

What's happening in this country is a damn crime but no one has the balls to stand up and say it's enough for fear they will come accross as unpatrotic or some nonsense.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Tax- Middleman- Tax- Middleman

My Wife works at a country store her sister rents it from a small oil company that gets their fuel from hunt oil. When they send the fuel invoice sheet, It shows the price that hunt charged the small oil company, .93 cents per gal.The small oil company adds 100 percent. .93 cents, Then the State-county-city Taxes are added .48 cents per gal. so that's... 93+93+48=$2.34 cents a gallon. and out of that her sister makes .03 cents a gal. She pumps at the most 5000 gal a month that's $150.00. it dont even pay the power bill to run it that's my thought's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Right On The Money Hoot

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. MY GUESS IS THE BUBBAS AIN'T BEEN SCREWED HARD ENOUGHT OR LONG ENOUGHT FOR ANY COMMON SENSE TO WORK IT'S WAY INTO THEIR BRAINS. I HOPE THEIR BRAINS GET WORKING BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE FOR ALL OF US. JUST STOP AND THINK WHAT EVENTS LEAD TO THE PRICE OF FUEL TODAY. IT SURE AIN'T HARD TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING BRAIN AND COMMON SENSE.

LARRY

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    I think what most people can do is remember this the next time they go to the ballot box.

I don't think it's a mystery why we are paying so much for fuel these days.

But mostly people don't want to touch on the subject. Just have to ask the question..."Are we better off than we were six years ago?"

What's happening in this country is a damn crime but no one has the balls to stand up and say it's enough for fear they will come accross as unpatrotic or some nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

OK time to seperate the wheat from the Chaft.

As long as companies like Diabold and ES&S are running the computers that count the vote this country will never be the same again.

How we let these guys develop the computers, program the software in Secret and count the vote without any oversite is beyond me.

We are going to be seeing higher and higher fuel prices both in Gasoline and in Natural Gas to run our vehicles and heat our homes

Ask yourself this simple question. Are you better of today than you were 6 years ago?

Did your small federal tax return make up for the increase in the State Taxes that you are not paying to make up for the shortfall that the states go from the Feds? Did that rebate make up for the increase in prices of everything that depends on Foreign OIL? Everything in our entire economy is dependent on the price of oil. Anything that has to be shipped goes via truck or rain or plane and they don't run on peanut oil... yet. Pretty soon they will be running on soybean oil or peanut oil but it takes crude oil to make the fuel that runs the tractors that helps farmers grow those soybeans and peanuts. So even the farmers are going to be hurt by these higher fuel prices.

Only people that are making out in this work today are those that sell the oil and those that sell something to the US military.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Fuel

when fuel jumped last month i trade-in my 02 ford/explorer that started costing me $40.00 to go back & forth to work on an 05 chevrolet/colorado
    extended cab & now spend $40.00 to fill up my truck & kermit's 04 chevrolet/colorado/z71 (offroad)!

also, oldest son is back in town and he sells chevys!

somebody has to be lining their pockets on these fuel prices and how high will it go by summer
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

Post Thanks / Like

I say build more refineries and nuke plants.And buy all means pour on the coal.We all know we went to war in Iraq for oil, and I'm paying 2.15 per gallon for regular. Sheesh I think one day the price will get to a buck 75,and we''ll all go phew damn i'm glad the price of gas came down. I'd say get used to our love affair with Ishmael.

If I was a smoker and lived in New York and had to pay 10 dollars for a pack of cigarettes,I'd be pissed.Or I would quit smoking.

I'd worry more about China whipping our butts. European Union(who has the style of government we desire) considering on dropping their ban on military weapons being sold to China. I pray we have a missile defense system;I don't want to see the skin of our children melted off their bodies.China is building their military up bigtime.

Put all your republican and democrat buddies in a sack and shake them up,throw them out,they are all the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    I say build more refineries and nuke plants.And buy all means pour on the coal.We all know we went to war in Iraq for oil, and I'm paying 2.15 per gallon for regular. Sheesh I think one day the price will get to a buck 75,and we''ll all go phew damn i'm glad the price of gas came down. I'd say get used to our love affair with Ishmael.

If I was a smoker and lived in New York and had to pay 10 dollars for a pack of cigarettes,I'd be pissed.Or I would quit smoking.

I'd worry more about China whipping our butts. European Union(who has the style of government we desire) considering on dropping their ban on military weapons being sold to China. I pray we have a missile defense system;I don't want to see the skin of our children melted off their bodies.China is building their military up bigtime.

Put all your republican and democrat buddies in a sack and shake them up,throw them out,they are all the same.

I think we'd better take a damn good look at what's going on here at home before we go sticking our big noses in other countries affairs.

China is something I know about having lived there for 10 years and Asia for 15. They've got more problems than you can ever contemplate. Shaking a stick at them and calling their hand is all that's needed at this point. They'd kill themselves before they were able to mount a meaningful attack.

If Reagon and his administration wouldn't have sold military technology with them during the 80's we wouldn't have to be as concerned today. Those are documented facts. They, the Chinese turned around and sold that tech. to the highest bidder. The Middle East.

We are our own worse and most dangerous enemy. We are stupid when it comes to other cultures and the rest of the world knows it.

But I think we've had enough diversion by this administration with Iraq and chasing the shadow of Ben Laden.

Meanwhile they set things up for themselves and their buddies to get rich.

I'm tired of the scare tactics this administration has used on the old and uneducated in this country to support their agenda.

It's time to question authority again folks.

Otherwise just stand out in the pasture with the other sheep and wait to get fleeced.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox

(Fishingpox);;;;;;; I agree with the last thing you said about shakeum up I may stir up a Wasps nest but i get the feling that 95 per cent of Crappie.com is democrat's. So I guess yall know i'm the other side, so you'd think? NOT SO FAST. I DON'T vote strickly down party lines. I vote the man or woman. not the party for what they stand for it's easy to find their voting records on what they've voted on in congress senate or your local gov Better stop now before i go to far

marty4ee Guest

well if we lived in iraq we would pay 16 cents a gallon! wonder whose in the middle gettin rich, "BIG BROTHER WHO ELSE" ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast