Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Sucked!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Sucked!!!!!

Between JLT and myself we fished from Birch to the dam and 0 not even a bite. I had to snag a dead floating crappie just to see a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

What was the water like in birch? water temp ?? water color ?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear the bad luck. Well at least you went fishing
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you put in at? How HIGH was the ramp? Least you give it a try!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Bender sorry to hear the report, kinda sounds like some of mine, oh well as the great fisherman says

it will get better

Post Thanks / Like

A note to all there are still trees floating in the main lake and you need to be careful. We had not problem running up to 50 MPH but you have to be on the look out.

Buzzman JLT will have to give you the details on Birch he and JLT JR. fished Birch while I and PB JR. fished the cove by Chicken Rock. Our plan was to divide to find them and meet to catch them. The water was a light brown with maybe 10 inches of visibility. Temp here was 53 degrees. Greaser was more like dark chocolate milk, 5 inches of visibility, and was 51 degrees. Water cleared as we moved toward the Dam. At the dam the water was very clear and you could see 8 to 10 feet down this is not a mistake it was blue green and CLEAR. The temp was 49.

Frosty we put in a Roark and the water is high 12 feet but no problem launching I would guess there is 20 feet of ramp. Did not really pay attention since it was not an issue. Dock is in the water for use.

Beagle I can't wait for the day it gets better I am really tired of no catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Patience bender it will get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmanmo View Post
    Patience bender it will get better.
    I wish I had some! It is discouraging to go week after week and not catch anything. I know it will get better I just wish it would soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday was as tough as I have had any where. Weather was great and water was not too bad. Birch was about the same as Chicken Rock and around 52 degrees. Did not mark fish in Birch. Went down the lake and found some fish hanging out in the mouth of some small coves. Marked them clear and put several different baits right on them and not a hit. I did not think JLT Jr. would ever get tired of fishing with me, but he is beginning to question my ability. Bender and I talked briefly about finding a new hobby. I figure we will both need a week or two to forget this mess and we will be back in the mood. This is getting really frustrating.

Did anyone fish CC or around turnback? If so, how was it?

Post Thanks / Like

This is the time to get yard work done, honey dos, meet new board guys, drink coffee and get ready to fish. When the time comes it will be fast. Got beagles axel on yesterdaygone north today.i am surprised you didn't mark any in birch. They got to be there. How did sons look.
    later