Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tennessee River Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tennessee River Crappie

Hello all, I'm a new member and thought I would share what happened to me this weekend. My son and I went fishing on the Tennessee river, launching near Ditto Landing, and we caught 44 crappie in about 4 hours. We were using chartreuse jigs with small spinners. Most were caught in about 10-14 ft of water on the ledge close to a 4ft sandy bottom. The males had been fanning the nests by the look of the tails. Most were over 1.5 lbs, with one coming in at just under 3lbs. We ended up staying so late that I had to drive using mostly the GPS because it was so dark!

Went to Guntersville on Sunday and they weren't biting at all for us. We managed to catch some bass, but had no luck with the crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like yall had em figgered out.. . did you launch @ the county boat harbor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grundan View Post
    sounds like yall had em figgered out.. . did you launch @ the county boat harbor?
    we launched at the Whitesburg boat and yacht club about a mile from Ditto. Its a decent little public access ramp that usually doesn't have the crowds that ditto sometimes has.