Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Lopez on the Central Coast of California

onehipbill Guest

Post Lake Lopez on the Central Coast of California

Hi all, I'm new to the web site, however I have been fishing at Lake Lopez for 6 years, and have a pretty good idea where the crappie are at different times of the year. I go fishing once or twice a week just for crappie. Earlier this month I was successfuy to land and release a 16 in Male crappie. I have landed several 14-15 inch in the past, however the largest I have landed was a 16.5 inch crappie. At that time I wasn't aware of the infisherman Master Angler Patch for Crappie was available. I am now the proud owner of such a patch. I have two Kencor 7ft rods and Okuma HS10 reels, with Vanish line 4# size. I have been using Fin-S Shad minnows1-3/4 size, and white sparkle 2inch tube baits. We alway use crappie nibblets on these. The water temp yesterday was 54 degrees in the AM, 58 degrees in the after noon. We were catching fish at 45-50 ft depths. I hope you all find this information helpful. Regards Onehipbill

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from southeast Georgia, we are glad you have joined us.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Howdy

Greetings Onehipbill, And Welcome to the board. I live just up the road from you in SLO town. Glad to hear that your catching some at Lopez, I am 0 for the year but have been doing good with the trout and a few small bass. It is the same story for me up at Santa Margarita Lake too. It will pick up in time. Check out the California Board also.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome One, from southern KY.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from MO
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson