Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: im already starting i cant wait

Post Thanks / Like

Default im already starting i cant wait

i dont know about anyone else but this weather is killing me i cant get out in the day and fish for crappie and sauger

so hopefully sometime this weekend i can put the termite damage repair aside and do some flatheading even if i dont catch anything it beats sleeping all night lol

i already have about 20 large bluegill and some gold fish in my bait tank from last year

so wish me luck :D
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

no kidding.......winds from 15 to 40 MPH for over a dang MONTH !!

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_slayin_fool View Post
    i dont know about anyone else but this weather is killing me i cant get out in the day and fish for crappie and sauger

so hopefully sometime this weekend i can put the termite damage repair aside and do some flatheading even if i dont catch anything it beats sleeping all night lol

i already have about 20 large bluegill and some gold fish in my bait tank from last year

so wish me luck :D
    wow must be a heck of a bait tank lol....im in process of building one now if i can ever get it to stop raining here long enough

Post Thanks / Like

i use an old chest type freezer with peinguin filters from the pet shop and 3 of the biggest areators walmart sells with bubble wands on them and for water flow i use two of their biggest powerheads i moved up from the small freezer to the big ones so i had to upgrade a lil lol

by the way trip was put off my hooks didnt come in till today i was plenty mad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_slayin_fool View Post
    i use an old chest type freezer with peinguin filters from the pet shop and 3 of the biggest areators walmart sells with bubble wands on them and for water flow i use two of their biggest powerheads i moved up from the small freezer to the big ones so i had to upgrade a lil lol

by the way trip was put off my hooks didnt come in till today i was plenty mad
    That is one heck of a setup, to keep bait that long is a gift
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

the main thing is temprature if you can keep it down your good and with my building having concrete floors it helps alot and the freezer dosent work but the insulation in it helps also and the best thing is they are usually free or really cheap i have got all mine at a local recycling place for 5 dollars each

in the summer i freeze 2 litre and 20 oz pop bottles filled with water in the good freezer i keep shad and chum in and and put a new bottle in ever day to help keep the water temp low and when i go to put another in i take the old one out and put it in the freezer and just keep repeating the cycle
    Last edited by slab_slayin_fool; 04-04-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: left stuff out

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I am over that way I will take a few pics of the bait tank at my buddy's place- its a 8 x 10 shed....open the doors and theres the bait tank !! 800 Gallons.....you can NOT even step inside....it takes up the whole shed- really

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

cool i would like to see that

Post Thanks / Like

hey there mike if u have somany bluegills in your bait tank why dont you just not waste your time with going out this weekend and just fish in your tank lol

Post Thanks / Like

lol tim i can always use a few more and what fun would no fishing be

seriously can you think of anything better to do than fish