Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taking your advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking your advice?

Ok all along while I read threads you guys continuously recommend using jigs instead of minnows or a combo of both. But I have stated before the pond I regularly fish at is 4.5 acres or so and no boats. So I bought a 14 foot collapsible/telescoping pole (cheap), so I can jig from the bank. The pole is a little weird though, no place to put a reel or any thing and there is only 1 small eye on the top of the pole. there is 2 clip like things down on the handle do you just wrap the string aroung thoes or what? any help with this would be great and any recommendations also would be more than welcome.- Joel

Post Thanks / Like

Those poles are not meant to be used with a reel. Just tie your line to the tip top guide. The "2 clip things" are for storing your line.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks death disco!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just take a regular rod and reel and tie a jig on your line. Just cast it out, let it sink a little and do a slow retrieve. I do this if I am in a boat or fishing from the bank. The fish will eat it up!!
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two and I used two hose clamps to hold the reel on. Be careful when tightening the clamps trying not to break the pole.

TT