Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wappapello

Lake level this morning was 372.+ which is a jump of 15 feet from yesterday.
    Estimated crest 388. on March 22. Water resembles cholcate soda.

Post Thanks / Like

We were just talking about that. I hadn't gone and looked at the stage. 15 feet, I've seen it come up quick, just don't know about that quick! Oh well now we can run wide open everywhere to not catch anything!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 22Footer View Post
    We were just talking about that. I hadn't gone and looked at the stage. 15 feet, I've seen it come up quick, just don't know about that quick! Oh well now we can run wide open everywhere to not catch anything!
    I love to fish the spillway when its high!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup...looks like it's gonna be a screwed up spring on Wapp !!! I'd say the spawn will have come and gone before the lake gets back to normal pool levels. Just hope the Corp doesn't leave an entire year class of spawn high and dry as they drop the water.
    Oh well...I'd bout as soon fish Wapp durin the summer heat anyway.

Good Luck

P

Post Thanks / Like

I've got pictures of the lake at, if I remember right, 395 or so. It was WAY up there. The spillway at the Redman drive didn't have a lot of room left. I've seen Corps pics of in the 40's when the spillway washed out, I believe it happened at 399. Left a hell of a hole it did.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be a real trainwreck at Wappapello, I live about 8 miles from the Hiway 67 launch ramp. We got 11.6 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. All above us on the St.Francis River the rainfall was record breaking. 67 AND 34 highways were closed for a while and the area is a disaster. Roads washed out etc... If they open the gates at the dam it will still be weeks before they pull the lake down much.

Post Thanks / Like

I live about a 1/2 mile south of the dam by redman creek campground. Lake level this morning was 382.9. Redman creek boat launch and parking lot is closed. Water on the grass and the parking lot. In the year 2002 it was the time it was up to the wall and it was very close to 395. Sandbags stopped it from going over. Only parking lot that would be open if anyone wanted to launch a boat would be Sundowner. Can't imagine why anyone would want to.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there's room to park at Sundowner's? Might have to park up at the shop? We were kicking the idea of going over tomorrow, just to goof around. That's if we could get there. Lots of low ground to go across between Aquilla and Puxico though.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake level this morning 387.1. Sundowner is the only thing open and no one was there this morning. Yesterday it was closed but the sign is down today.
    Goofing around would be about all you could do unless you liked fising in the top of big trees.