Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Info for Lake Conwy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Info for Lake Conwy

I have never fished Lake Conway, but live close to the Pierce Creek area. Anyone have good tips to fill the ice chest with? THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

there are a few good articles online on the arkansas sportsman magazine related to lake Conway. Just do a searh for Arkansas Sportsman Magazine and then you can do a search by state and species of fish once on the site. Also check the AGFC website for the latest fishing report. Good luck and post a pic if you catch a big one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake conway

Quote Originally Posted by dmbutler47
    I have never fished Lake Conway, but live close to the Pierce Creek area. Anyone have good tips to fill the ice chest with? THANKS
    we fish conway about twice a week, right now the crappie are around live cypress trees in 4-5 ft of water. they have been biting slow,but we have been catching 15-20 keepers a day. fish around palarm creek landind or gold creek landing, but go out away from everyone in the cypress trees should catch some crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRAPPIEKING
    we fish conway about twice a week, right now the crappie are around live cypress trees in 4-5 ft of water. they have been biting slow,but we have been catching 15-20 keepers a day. fish around palarm creek landind or gold creek landing, but go out away from everyone in the cypress trees should catch some crappie.
    What bait are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmbutler47
    What bait are you using?
    the best bait i have found is to use a black/chartruse jig tightlighned with a 12' jig pole. work the jig slowly around the cypress trees in 4-5 ft of water. you should catch fish.most fish i caught was around the trees with green vegitation on the bottom of them, we did;nt catch any around the dead stickups or dead trees.

Post Thanks / Like

50 people have looked at this and only 2 people have anything to say....come on people....its FREE to post and reply!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Butler I think they are just looking for pictures. You look at the Texas or Carolina board and you cant get a word in. Sure is a shame if you ask me. I have been fishing my whole life and sure have learned a bunch as a result of this site and some of the members that actually contribute to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ok

Hello: I'm guilty of doin a lot off lookin and little posten. I plan to retire to Ark. in a year or two. My passion is Crappie fishing and wood working. With all the lakes you have down there it's hard for me to decide on which area to focus on. I'm leaning toward the Little Rock Hot Springs area. Planning on making a trip this spring. Any advise from you locals?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishawk, I am only 22 and trying to get more involved in fishing...I am on the other end of your spectrum LOL. I have gone to the White River Wildlife Refuge (around Dewitt) and there are a bunch of small lakes there to fish, within the refuge. Part of it is only open from March til December so it is not overly fished. It is flooded land that forms small lakes when they are done flooding it. You can go to the website http://whiteriver.fws.gov/ and get some information and there is also a visitors center there to get maps that show most of the lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Guppy, Here in Iowa on the Mississippi we are kind of restricted to fishing the river (no lakes within 140 mi.) and it's usually " up or down or swift or slow and always muddy"! I'll be like a kid in a candy store in Arkansas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast