Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Little Dixie this Weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Dixie this Weekend?

So I'm thinking about getting out Sunday at a smaller lake not too far away. Its been several years since fishing Little Dixie- what would the chances of picking up a few crappie be there this weekend? Where on that lake is a good spot to target- the brush piles off the dam, the jetties across the lake, the timber on the west side, or the far upper end in the trees?

I like the idea of getting the big motor running but don't want to be locked into it. I haven't ever focused on crappie on LD, but I hear it is a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always done the best there this time of year in the deeper water across from the first dyke on the east side of the lake. More twords the center of the lake. Theres a group of trees about 3 feet under the water you can find with a graph. They sit in about 19' fow. Usually suspended down about 16'.

If you need any more info pm me, I fish there usually once a week in the spring when I can't get to MTL.

Josh
    Last edited by Jagerace; 03-14-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: I'm retarded

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Josh. I know the old channel swings by the jetties on the east side, so the water is deeper there. I actually think I know of the exact trees you're speaking of. What jig colors work good there? You can PM me your info if you like. Since I'm not a "local" anymore, you don't have to worry about me taking advantage and abusing the info. Thanks again...

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie in Little Dixie ??? Nah...

Haven't hit it yet but plans are in the works. I'll post up with details when it happens:D