Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thinking about a Big BBQ,..

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Thinking about a Big BBQ,..

The local power company workers have been doing a great job. And I am thinking about setting up a Big BBQ for them and the country cops.
    Feed them Pulled Pork and Bake beans and slaw. These people work at times 2 or 3 days at a time when we have storms like we did back a few weeks ago. And I think this would be a great way to show them people care and thank them for the great job they do .
    Anyone else ever took on something like this? My smoker will cook enough Pork and Chicken to feed a few hundred.:D about 200 on pulled pork and 80+ on chicken quarters.
    Pete

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good gesture but at today's prices it's gonna cost ya! Our church is doing something similar tomorrow for the emergency workers in our town. But we're feeding hotdogs and hamburgers instead.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    The local power company workers have been doing a great job. And I am thinking about setting up a Big BBQ for them and the country cops.
    Feed them Pulled Pork and Bake beans and slaw. These people work at times 2 or 3 days at a time when we have storms like we did back a few weeks ago. And I think this would be a great way to show them people care and thank them for the great job they do .
    Anyone else ever took on something like this? My smoker will cook enough Pork and Chicken to feed a few hundred.:D about 200 on pulled pork and 80+ on chicken quarters.
    Pete
    As good as I've heard your BBQ is, makes me want to go to work for the Power Co.:D,Hey wait, I use to work for Ala power does that count?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I can get the meat donated so that takes care of that part. I know it would cost me around $250 in pork. but if I have to buy the meat. Its still worth it.
    Also hate to say it, But my Uncle is the President of our local power company also.
    Mark just come on over to Harrison Bay. I can smoke some up and bring over.
    But don't believe everything you hear on my cook. But I will say theres never any left. LOL
    The 30 th of this month. I am doing 10 lbs of hot wings on the smoker to take to our church dinner.
    pete

Post Thanks / Like

that's a lot of boston butts at .89 cent a pound.