Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This 997 is killing me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This 997 is killing me!

Just found out today that the 997 that I purchased in 2008 only has NVB maps from 1996?? Seems as though they haven't updated the maps and don't plan to. Why would they not load or give you the updated maps pending on when you purchase the unit? If I would have known this I would have saved my extra $300 and purchased a 2008 NVB gold for $129 ea region. I only will need these 2 regions for now anyways. This is getting to be really expensive. I think that I may have to get a second mortgage to get this thing operating correctly!! Very Frustrating

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like they know what they are doing. Chi Ching!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

call hummingbird customer servie, they usually been pretty good with anything i have got from them...maybe they will let you exchange the unit for the one you want without the card and thatway you can go by the nvb gold...

1996 seems weird cause i just got an 1197 and my maps are updated and had a 797 that had updated maps

Post Thanks / Like

That is the reason the maps for the whole country is only $200. Shoot when one section is $150. Do you expect them to give you the whole deal for a little more then one map is?
    Would be nice. But you get the old maps that Navionics knows are out dated. And that is the reason.
    pete

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

1996 or 2005-6 ? I never heard anyone else having maps that old,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to correct this information on the NVB BUNDLE year model. Theses are 2006 maps.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, all the bundle maps on 997 are year 2006, and the bundle package price is $200.00 . No morre no less. Thats why I got mind (last may) without bundle. Now have 2008 plat chips(2) for just areas I fish. But, may I add that with exception of a few big lake all other maps are still same. U know they can't survey or resurvey many lakes in a year.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a dumb question. But how would a survey of any body of water in 2006 be any different in 2008??

Post Thanks / Like

tHEY JUST WANT TO GRIPE because the units are a little more than regular units at least you have maps if you decide to go fish somewhere that you normally dont it is worth it to find the channels to me
    CrappieGeorge

Post Thanks / Like

They run a new transducer that has Hi-Def. software. I believe this is correct. You can check thier website and in say (not accurate info. just an example) 2006 Grenada was a regular map with general contour lines. In 2008 they scanned it again and now it's available in Hi-Def maps that have 1ft. contour lines. Better maps in the long run.

The Hound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast