Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Lake, Ks Hazards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toronto Lake, Ks Hazards

Been sometime since I have posted, due to lack of a computer. My insurance company didn't want to replace it due to the lighting storm we had last fall. Now must switch home owners insurance companies.

Due to so much excitement I'm reading about Toronto Lake here in Kansas, so, best get some facts regarding the boating hazards there. I'm hearing there are some shallow (lake has filled in) areas that can cause one to run aground in many places. Plan to go to Toronto in mid April, or sooner when the crappie bedding.

Who on this forum has the experience about Toronto and it's depths. Also where the best areas to find the crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Chatt is the man about Toronto

Post Thanks / Like

I know Toronto. (Normal pool) Max depth is around 22ft. There is an old railroad bed that runs from the tip of Duck Island. It is shallow but it is marked with bouys(spelling). My opinion= if you put in on the lake stay on the lake. If you put in on the river stay on the river. If you put in on Walnut Creek stay on Walnut creek. I can run from the lake to the river or creek, but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone that has a nice boat. The mouth of the river and creek is exremely silted and shallow. Theres alot of debris submerged just under the surface ever since the old bridge on the Verdigris got shoved in. If you go to Duck Island from Toronto point you need to follow the bank aways down south then run parallel to the railroad bed. If you go straight from Toronto Point to Duck Island you will either get stuck or strike submerged objects.

Hope this helps.
    Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Flats&Craps, VERY good !!!! Couldn't of done it better!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, thanks for the input. I have a Corps of Engineers map of the lake, and if the average depth is now 22 feet, it sure has silted in over the years. I will mark those under water hazards on the map, so not to scratch my shinny fiberglass boat, or take the lower unit off.

Post Thanks / Like

The Real Hazard At Toronto Lake Is Us Missouri Boys , Stripping It Clean Of Crappie. Lol
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

I ain't scared......

Post Thanks / Like

Watch Out, KCBALLER.. I'm good at pulling in the crappie at Stockton and Truman. I cut my teeth finding crappie in Truman, and went on to graduate to the big time at Stockton lake.

I send three days on each trip at the two lakes several times a year. I load up enough crappie to last week all winter. I think I have about 10 or 12 left in the freezer.. Spring is my toughest time to load the boat. Fall is a different matter.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the summer, the hotter the better. Give me a temperature in the 90's or even 100 and I will be happy. I will tell you this they do not go deep in the summer............That's when I fill my freezer....just ask Chatt

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you HEF 100%. I catch more fish in the summer in less than 8 ft of water. The hotter,sunny, the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast