Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ky lake report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky lake report

Just got back from a couple of days on Ky lake. It was our first time to the big water and a learning experience. We ended up with a total of 30 keepers, nothing over 1.25 lbs. Water temp was 62 when we got there thursday afternoon and 56 when we left this morning in Bear Creek. The fish came from 6-7 ft of water pulling minnows and jigs tipped with minnows as slow as possible. I heard they were catching bigger fish in Jonathan Creek (deeper water) but we didn't know how bad the wind would be there. Hope this helps someone.
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Greenfish. I will be going to Kentucky Lake this coming Wednesday to catch some slabs. We will be staying off Malcolm Creek, which I've since learned is shallow. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Bear Creek is right around the corner from Malcolm Creek? If so, did you fish any in Malcolm Creek? This is my first trip to Kentucky Lake but my father-in-law usually hits Jonathan Creek every April and has caught a butt ton of Crappie there. We discussed trailering over to Jonathan Creek if things get desperate.