Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high rock 3-5

Post Thanks / Like

Default high rock 3-5

fished with fishhead from this message board on the rock today. was on the water at roughly 7:30 and the morning started out slllooooooww. bout 30 min into the troll and only 2 fish in the boat we finally found the bigger fish once again. today was different because they wanted minnows. burned up 6 doz minnows in no time. once i ran out we switched back to jigs and trolled our way back towards tamarac to finish off the day. must of caught at least 80 fish today and i finally got my first double :D 2 fish on 1 line, but none were keepers :D

limit had a bigger average today but this time nothing over 1 lb, but all were in the 3/4 lb range or 11-13 inches. greg took a few pics. had a different color work best today. a solid "light blue" tube seemed to catch the most later on in the afternoon, but the same ol red/chart blue/chrt blue/white still caught a fair share along with chart. water temp 52-53 at go time.

glad u could tag along greg....had a blast and im glad we didnt get the skunk:D now you wont be "staring at an empty freezer" for at least a few days :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

What was the water like? I expected it to be muddy after all the rain.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

some trash on surface such as leaves, pine needles and such, and even a few nice sized logs and sticks out there too.....clarity was normal.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

Sharpening hooks and mapping out brim beds
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't believe him

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    must of caught at least 80 fish today and i finally got my first double :D 2 fish on 1 line, but none were keepers :D

glad u could tag along greg....had a blast and im glad we didnt get the skunk:D now you wont be "staring at an empty freezer" for at least a few days :D
    He's lying, folks. All the fish Pete caught today were this size:

He stuck me in the back of the boat and told me to sit down, shut up, and eat my damn banana. This is the only fish I caught today. I was robbed! Robbed, I tell ya...

Just kiddin, Pete :D. We did slay 'em today, and Pete did hook two at a time.
    Here's a picture of some of our catch before they made the journey to crappie heaven. May they rest in pieces.

I enjoyed patrollin' with ya today Pete. I'll save you a seat on the Brim Reaper
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of crappie nests

Post Thanks / Like

a couple of nice whites in there
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going guys!

I was also out there this afternoon but only from around 3 until 6 just testing the waters. I had a few keepers and threw back maybe 20 or so.
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

Abbot's Creek at Sheet's Bottom was muddy as heck this morning. I live close by and cross the bridge everyday. I think I am going to try the Abbotts Creek side of the island at the mouth of Buddle Creek tomorrow. Deep and slow.

" Keep your jigs wet and your lines tight. "
    Kellog

Post Thanks / Like

good job guys,seems like we got 'em early and late..
    Remember, throw'em back unless ITZAKEEPER ....

Sharpening hooks and mapping out brim beds
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king View Post
    a couple of nice whites in there
    That big white in the middle was a male, the one on the left was a female, and full of eggs.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of crappie nests

Post Thanks / Like

forgot to mention too that we did catch 2 of them dreaded "perch" today as well. both didnt make it back alive :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast