Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rod Holders

I was working on my gear this morning and I came up with an idea to share with people. I was looking for a better way to tie my 2 pole sections together so they fit in the rod compartment of the boat. With my partner's (dad) and I's rods in the boat space is sometimes shorts: 8 trolling (spider rigging rods) 4jigging poles and 6 bobber/cork poles make it tough. I have been looking for a way to fasten my rods together and I found some old heavy speaker wire in the garage and decided to try it. It seems to work good, not doing any damage to the rods. Not to mention it's pretty easy to untie. I was wondering what others might use to keep their pole sections together.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

We Use The Two Sided Velcro.. You Can Buy A Roll Of It From Lowes Or Home Depot For Around 5 Or 6 Bucks.. Think It Comes In A 12 Or 14 Foot Roll...i Have A Friend That Uses Some Zip Tie Velcro That They Sell At Lowes Also...

Post Thanks / Like

Double sided velcro or you can buy at Academy rubber straps with a toggle on the end. I prefer velcro.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I found the Velcro "One Wrap" at a local hardware, product code 75967 90302, 4 foot length, 3/4 inch width.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use a larger size rubber band at the tips and base of the rod. If I have two jigs rigged on the poles, I'll secure one behind an eye on the rod and then take another rubber band place it on the hook of the second jig and then secure the rubber band to another rod eye. Keeps them snug to the rod, prevents them from tangling and easy to take off when ready to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Keep This Under Your Hat

I barrow, OK swipe my wife's hair bans that she uses to put her hair in a ponytail. :o
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff