Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOON---is it just cheese

Post Thanks / Like

Default MOON---is it just cheese

I have heard from time to time the moon has an effect on fishing. I know you wean your babies in the sign of the moon, get your hair cut,plant crops and so on. I have no idea what to look for, have heard 3 days before and after full moon were good times to fish,but have also heard they feed all night in light of moon and not good fishing during that time. I'm sure there is some better information that will help me understand what to look for. Thanks for your help, and knowledge!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to the answers for this question too Frosty.I'm sure these guys have some great insite on this subject.
    A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work..

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends of mine and I used to plan our Sardis trips according to the weekend closest to the full moon in March. We always did pretty good. I don't know if it had anything to do with the fishing but its a fact that the moon controls the tides so maybe theres something to it.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    I have heard from time to time the moon has an effect on fishing. I know you wean your babies in the sign of the moon, get your hair cut,plant crops and so on. I have no idea what to look for, have heard 3 days before and after full moon were good times to fish,but have also heard they feed all night in light of moon and not good fishing during that time. I'm sure there is some better information that will help me understand what to look for. Thanks for your help, and knowledge!!
    FROSTY, as the moon rotates around the earth the pull of the moon has such gravitational pull it affects the earths gravitation. NO thats not it. If you want to know what to look for, look for a car driving past you real slow and kids with there hinie hanging out the window. I hope this helps you understand what a full moon is and what effects it has on you. Now you will know what to look for. :p:p:p:p:D:D
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

I've always heard the same 3 days before and after is the best times for big fish especially around the spawn,other than that i really don't pay very much attention to the moon,probably should because it affects everything else.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

my take on this is ....... just get out there and fish !!! if ya knock on enough doors someone will buy what your selling.
    i dont belive in moon, charts ect. i belive in myself, i belive i can catch fish everytime i go out, and i do, sometimes just not keepers or 3 pounders. but hey im on the water fishing and learning with each trip.
    so the next time your wondering if its a good day to be on the water.... HELL YES !! NOW GET OUT THERE AND FISH !!
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Give me steady temps, constant water levels and light winds!!! I don't:rolleyes: even care what the heck the moon is doing when this happens. Fish will be bitin'. :D:p:D:p:D:p JMO <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with a guy that always knows what the astro tables say. I will have to pick his brain a little more, and post what I learn.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

i have been led to believe that most all game will hatch or give birth at the phases of the full moon,,just b-4 /during /and just after,,,,may be wrong but do know that crayfish hatch at each full moon
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

There are actually two moon phases full moon and dark of the moon and both are usually associated with catching of big fish or better fishing. There are many fish records caught around these phases. If you look at the solar tables printed in sporting magazines you will see they predict the best times to be 3 days before and 3 days after the moon phases. The moon phases affects everything on the planet in one form or another.

Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast