Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody get out today?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody get out today?

OCB and I got out on East Fork this morning just to get a look around while the water is down. Didn't even take a fishing pole with us if you can believe that. Glad we didn't. Gave us a real chance to get a good look at the cover and bottom structure in areas we don't fish a lot. Glad I have an aluminum boat. We had to make our own lane through the ice from Bantam most of the way to Clover and Poplar. Didn't expect to see all that ice. Anyone who fishes EF a lot, I highly recommend taking a day while the water is down and getting a good look around. I feel I learned more today in a few hours than I have in years of just fishing and reading the depth finder. Water by the way was 35 degrees and muddy, but I'm sure it came up a little through the day.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would have liked to gone out but I still can't pull the boat out of the garage, maybe in a couple of weeks. I figure what ever they're going to do to the ramps will probably take a few weeks so I should get a chance to look around befor they raise the lake. I'm not surprised to hear about the skim ice as we haven't had many days over freezing. We're supposed to ge alot of rain Mon/Tues so maybe it'll raise the temp a degree or two.

That would be hard to not take a rod.

Post Thanks / Like

It would have been nice to be a skim of ice, but alot of it was a 1/4 inch to a half or a lil thicker. I have never been on the lake with ice like that before. Kinda weird when all ya hear is ice breakin instead of the motor runnin. It was perdy loud. But we made it. I agree with speckwick, if you wanna see what the banks and cover that yall fish at regular pool in the summer look like get over and take a look while its down. Its a whole different lake. What ya think it looks like its no where near what it is. We really got a good study of what we needed to. Well take care yall. Good fishin all.
    O_C_B