Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's Happening at Oconee?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's Happening at Oconee?

I'd hoped to get out there this afternoon but the wife had me mow the lawn. I've got to work all this weekend and next weekend but hope to take some time off during the week. However, that is beginning to look a bit shaky too. I've been waiting all year for the next few weeks and am getting pounded. I'm trying to get some idea of what I'm missing.

-ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cordell
    I'd hoped to get out there this afternoon but the wife had me mow the lawn. I've got to work all this weekend and next weekend but hope to take some time off during the week. However, that is beginning to look a bit shaky too. I've been waiting all year for the next few weeks and am getting pounded. I'm trying to get some idea of what I'm missing.

-ralph
    I had a friend that went today, I will try to find out what he did tomorrow.

However, we went to Sinclair last night and if that is any indication of what Oconee might look like....you are not missing out on much...the water looked like chocolate milk.....I caught 2 greencarp....one might have gone 2 lbs...and then I caught 4 crappie....that is all in about 2.5 hrs fishing...the conditions are not ideal right now with all that rain that got dumped on us.....but, I could be completely wrong about Oconee. Last week it was not all that great either....we caught 23 on Friday last week, we fished up the Oconee River almost to the top of it.....they really turned on fairly well in the afternoon....that is when we caught a lot of our fish...late in the afternoon.

I will be going to Oconee again this Friday, hopefully, if the weather holds out, and then fishing that Jiffy Jigs tournament at Oconee.

I will let you know what becomes of it all.....the weather looks like I will not be getting a Friday morning trip though....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default oconee

Fished Oconee Wed, boy was it muddy. fished upper oconee found fish in 4 feet of water. caught some nice slabs several close to 2lbs most were around 1.25lbs best bite was later afternoon. passed over sugar creek it looked pretty good but still decided to go up to blue springs area it was real muddy and alot of trash in the water. Still had a good trip and some nice fish. Good luck