Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me find a reel

So since I no longer fly fish, I'm thinking of using my fly rod to use on crappie. The other day I was walking through Bass Pro and saw some of the Wally Marshall rod and reel combos. They had a tiny reel on them that I think may work perfectly on my rod, and now the thing is, I can't find just the reel to buy.

I believe the number stamped on the reel was WMCT20. Anyone know where a guy can get one?

Post Thanks / Like

www.basspro.com should have them if the individual reel is available for sale and not only part of that package.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    So since I no longer fly fish, I'm thinking of using my fly rod to use on crappie. The other day I was walking through Bass Pro and saw some of the Wally Marshall rod and reel combos. They had a tiny reel on them that I think may work perfectly on my rod, and now the thing is, I can't find just the reel to buy.

I believe the number stamped on the reel was WMCT20. Anyone know where a guy can get one?
    Why change? I use Martins cc61s (titliner). They very light (3.1 oz). They just line holders unless you wanna do some casting.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

smoothlures- Bass Pro doesn't carry this specific reel buy itself.

Cane Pole- I've thought about leaving my fly reel on, but there are times when I may want to cast it is the reason for wanting to change it out.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._REELS_CRAPPIE

All of wallys reels are available separately.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this it?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...001000_100-1-4

Cope - if so it won't cast any better than your fly reel. If it was a small spinning reel, just about any will work. However, I prefer a little larger reel as it balances better and the line comes off a larger spool better with less twist.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

This is the combo I was looking at at the store...

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

If you hit zoom you'll see only one knob on the handle, but that makes no difference to me. I may just end up getting the deluxe round instead as it seems to be the closest out of any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had several Wally Marshall reels and have found their quality is like their price, CHEAP!. WM has some great rods, but not reels IMHO. All the WM reels I had are now in the trash. I suggest you go with Pflueger. They make a couple nice ultra light reels that are not expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz View Post
    I have had several Wally Marshall reels and have found their quality is like their price, CHEAP!. WM has some great rods, but not reels IMHO. All the WM reels I had are now in the trash. I suggest you go with Pflueger. They make a couple nice ultra light reels that are not expensive.
    Yeah, the Pflueger Medalist is nice. Also, check out the Shimano Symetre 750or the Daiwa SS700. Both are quality reels that will last YEARS and only weigh about 7 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry thought you were referring to a spinning reel.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast