Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Patoka 4/24 & 4/25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Patoka 4/24 & 4/25

Fished Painter Creek timbered coves Thursday with no luck at all. Friday we went up Little Patoka and fished timbered coves with good success. I am new to spider rigging and had no luck with this method in the timber. We ended up fishing minnows under bobbers with a plain #8 hook in 8 to 10 foot of water and put 26 nice keepers in the livewell. No real big fish just 9 to 11 inchers. Water temp was 47 degrees and the lake was 3 foot below summer pool. Good luck everyone. I am going to Big Sandy this Saturday for a week any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Late March and Early april will find the crappie in 8 to 10ft of water right near the bottom in the standing timber of those bays up river from Walls boat ramp. They were there in 2003 and they are there again this spring 2005. Good to know some things don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by INBA Basser
    Fished Painter Creek timbered coves Thursday with no luck at all. Friday we went up Little Patoka and fished timbered coves with good success. I am new to spider rigging and had no luck with this method in the timber. We ended up fishing minnows under bobbers with a plain #8 hook in 8 to 10 foot of water and put 26 nice keepers in the livewell. No real big fish just 9 to 11 inchers. Water temp was 47 degrees and the lake was 3 foot below summer pool. Good luck everyone. I am going to Big Sandy this Saturday for a week any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad he is fishing Patoka and not around here , I'd hate to see the wormhole that time machine creates !!!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]