Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Hovey Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Hovey Lake?

I am thinking about moving to the Evansville area and I wanted to know if anyone fished Hovey Lake? I have been to Evansville many times but never have looked at the lake. Whats it like? Is the fishing any good? Where do people in Evansville fish for crappie?

thanks for the help.

Fishinman

Post Thanks / Like

Hovey is shallow and electric only. Good fishing though, and if you have a small boat, so much the better. They used to have a campground etc. that made it a nice place, but most was closed the last time I was there. Still a good place.

The Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area is very close and has some good fishing for smaller boats in several pits. It's a reclaimed mining area.

Evansville is just a couple of hours on a 4-lane from Kentucky and Barkley, so you see a lot of Vanderburgh County plates down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CatFan. I have a friend that currently lives in evansville but he does not fish. He said that some people fish Hovey for crappie, but did not say anything about the lake. I did not know it was electric only and shallow. Thanks for the info.

Fishinman

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I lied It isn't electric only, it's 10HP or less outboards only. For my boat, it's electric only.