Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Home and ready for some crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home and ready for some crappie fishing.

I spent the last 7 days fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, it was a fun trip even if the weather and sea tried to do me in. Spent 2 days fishing in 8-10 foot waves and that is just not fun. I did manage to catch some fish including a 41 pound yellow fin tuna. It was fun to hear the reel scream as line was being ripped off, took about 15 minutes to get him in the boat. We did hook up to a large Wahoo that got off at the boat when the guy with pole let the line go slack. I wish he would have hit the on my side. We caught numerous fish and had a good time. If you have never fished in the Gulf give it a try.

Glad to be home and hope to be back to Crappie fishing next weekend!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home Pole Bender.....Sonnds like a good trip for the most part. Looks like you'll be having grilled tuna for a while. 8-10' waves makes me sea sick just thinking about it. Stockton is about all I can handle. See you out there before long. Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to wet and soggy jasper co. Sounds like you get some good fish. later
    Buzzy

Post Thanks / Like

Polebender you do a private charter or a head boat. Where did you go out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog
    Polebender you do a private charter or a head boat. Where did you go out of.
    Private Boat owned by a friend of mine 31 Ocean Master with twin 225 Johnsons. People give you some strange looks with the boat named R & R from Greenfield, MO. Launched out of Venice, LA. Run down the Mighty Mississippi into the Gulf. We fished the Midnight Lump almost everyday. I did see a huge Mako Shark caught (350 plus pounds) or should I say shot. I think they shot it 3 times with a shot gun with slugs. If you have never seen one up close they are impressive. I did not know this but they have a small stomach and a very large liver.