Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Houston Crappie in shallows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Houston Crappie in shallows

I caught these crappie this evening the last couple hours before dark. They were all caught in water 1-2 feet deep. Caught them on chartreuse with silver glitter bubble belly jigs. All except one were males. The second from the right in the picture is a female.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Don,I fished yesterday morning and ended up with 6 nice females,the biggest was 1.75#.All came from the same area I have been fishin,and the same depth,11' water fishin 5 to 6',they were barely touching the minnows...6.45am to 9............lots of boats on the water,Lyndoell,Citgo tourney was yesterday what a madhouse.....I want to fish sunday morn...wanna join???? if so private message me on this site...........happpy to have ya

Post Thanks / Like

Sig70,
    I went out this morning and fished the same area I fished yesterday evening. I didn't get a bite in three hours so I went to the house at 9:30. While I was there, I ran into a young fellow I have been seeing the last 2 or 3 years in the Spring. Seems like everytime I would run across him in the past he would have a limit of crappie. At least he would have twice as many as me if he didn't have a limit yet. Anyway this morning he only had one crappie when he trolled by. He said he thought they weren't biting to good right now in the shallow coves because the water level has been dropping. I plan on going back and checking out the cove this afternoon again around 3pm. I do plan to fish Sunday morning, so I'll be glad to meet up with you. Check your PM for details.
    dd

JT kessler Guest

whats the water temp on lake houston

Post Thanks / Like

NIce catch there DD, man you sure seem to be able to stack them up!

Post Thanks / Like

Don,

You are killing me LOL.
    I have been a little under the weather with new blood pressure medicine.
    It has knoked my well you know what in the dirt.
    I feel much beter today. Those are some sure enough nice "SLABS" you have there. I have all of my kids this weekend for Easter but plan to fish next week in the afternoons. Hope i have not missed the apex of action.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Don....some really nice fat ones in that stringer!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>