Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor - Copilot, Autopilot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor - Copilot, Autopilot?

I've got a cable operated Motorguide now. It is a little noisy but I could live with that. I really don't like the way the cable operated motor ties me to the bow. I'm pretty settled on a new Minn Kota with the copilot feature but would like to hear about the experiences others have had with copilot both good and bad.
    Anybody tried one with autopilot? Seems expensive especially if it doesn't work as advertised.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlesock
    I've got a cable operated Motorguide now. It is a little noisy but I could live with that. I really don't like the way the cable operated motor ties me to the bow. I'm pretty settled on a new Minn Kota with the copilot feature but would like to hear about the experiences others have had with copilot both good and bad.
    Anybody tried one with autopilot? Seems expensive especially if it doesn't work as advertised.
    I got one. I like it. If it didn't work as advertised, the whole world would have known. I would have told them.:D My only complaint is the deploy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default addictive

I cant fish without mine,it's the best thing since can snuff,,,It'll make fishing a lot easier and you a lot lazier,,,ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys have autopilot too or just copilot?

I should have put this in the trolling motor forum instead of the crappie forum. I can't find a way to move it. If one of you moderator folks would move it for me that would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I got one. I like it. If it didn't work as advertised, the whole world would have known. I would have told them.:D My only complaint is the deploy.
    I second this. I have the MK AP/CP/US2 and love it. Don't know how I managed before without all this.
    I too agree with the complaint of deploy and recover. I wish MK would have made this easier, but with the advantages of the other options I can live with the deploy/recovery difficulty.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both and wouldn't have it any other way.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Hey Tom. Did you try the fix I found for the hard to deploy problem?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlesock
    Do you guys have autopilot too or just copilot?

I should have put this in the trolling motor forum instead of the crappie forum. I can't find a way to move it. If one of you moderator folks would move it for me that would be great!
    You have to have the Auto Pilot for the Co-Pilot to work.
    I have had the Auto pilot for a few years. (Bought mine in 03) Have a new Terrova on the way, And it has the Auto pilot and also got the Copilot with this one.
    No way would I go back to a trolling motor without one.

Tom what is it you do not like about the deploy?
    Everyone talked about the trouble with the other Power Drives being hard to deploy. Never have a problem with mine. Everyone else does. Until I show them the right way to do it.
    Is yours the older unit? I thought you had the New Terrove?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    You have to have the Auto Pilot for the Co-Pilot to work.
    I have had the Auto pilot for a few years. (Bought mine in 03) Have a new Terrova on the way, And it has the Auto pilot and also got the Copilot with this one.
    No way would I go back to a trolling motor without one.

Tom what is it you do not like about the deploy?
    Everyone talked about the trouble with the other Power Drives being hard to deploy. Never have a problem with mine. Everyone else does. Until I show them the right way to do it.
    Is yours the older unit? I thought you had the New Terrove?
    Pete
    Co-pilot can be added to any PD motor made after 1991. You don't need the Auto pilot for it to work. You can even upgrade PD motors to Auto Pilot if you didn't buy it with it. I forget the cost but its pretty easy to do. Just change the circuit board and the cover that goes on the head.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Terrova AP/CP/US2 and it is a real improvement over the old power drive. Really like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast