Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls 02/02/08

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Falls 02/02/08

I put in at the 50 ramp and went toward the dam. I fished the channel not 1/2 mile from the ramp. On the way to my spot every boat I passed had bent rods, a good sign. The fish bit steady from 12 till 4 when I left. There was at least 10 boats in that section. 16' was the depth and they were hittin everything you dropped down. Most fish were in the 11" range. I heard guys about 2 boats over talkin about catchin another "flounder" , I figgured they must have been haulin them in! It was a great day to be on the water I hope everyone was able to get out there.
    Man I'm parched !!:o

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear from ya net sounds like a my kind of day if i could just have one
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same Goes for me

Except I fished today 2/3! It appeared that everyone was catching fish on Falls today, My self included! Magic depth for me was 18 feet and just like you, no matter what I put down there I caught fish. I fished slightly further down lake. I Started out at MM 8 infront of the boat ramps and picked up a few tiny ones worthy of my aquarium.. Then moved up to the Newlight Road Bridge and caught good ones there in the channel between the Bridge and bouy - Just kinda kept going back and fourth.. seems like the best bite was when the boat was moveing.

-REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the beaverdam channel out from the spillway both sat and sunday and did ok. It wasnt like you guys had from the boat but another guy in a canoe out from shore was landing some real nice slabs rapid fire. He was fishing 4 or 5 rods and looked like he was working to keep up with them. The shore fishermen were doing ok as well. I saw some guys catch some real nice fish beside me probable in the 2 1/2 pound range. There are some nice fish in Falls. I ended up taking about 20 fish each day. Everybody was throwing something different, including just minnow on a hook. That was working very good and I should have lost the jig I think. But they were hitting it as well. Blk/Chart tube and yellow head jig. Gotta get out that canoe!