Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Rock - Late Feb?

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Rock - Late Feb?

HI - thanks for letting me join the site!

Just moved to NC in September, living in Wilmington. I enjoy weekend fishing / camping getaways, and from what I read High Rock looks like a great place for that. Can't get away till Feb 23rd - is that probably still pre-spawn? I'm thinking of using Tamarac to launch - any suggestings where to start - jig over deep structure? 10 feet? or, do the crappie stage shallow by then? I'll have a lake map soon from HOT SPOTS.

small jigs (1/32 or 1/16?) jig body types? scented grubs? favorite colors? (or minnows only?)

I've been open water walleye/yellow perch fisherman for years - haven't done structure fishing in a long time - looking forward to hitting the water, if the great state on NC and I get my boat registration issue taken care of (no - not all states title 14 foot boats)

Appreciate any help you all can give - see ya on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay tuned for where the fish are at then. Tamarac is a good jumping off place. They have all your bait, beer, some tackle, a grill that opens at 5:30 AM and a campground. !/32 and 1/16 jigs will cover 90% of your needs. Favorite colors would be electric blue sparkle, red sparkle/white, blue/chart, limeade, frog, watermelon and orange/yellow, copper/chart, black/hot pink and junebug.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome ktags. you keep us informed when the flounder are moving and we will do our best to keep you up to date on high rock.