Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Falls White Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls White Perch

Been catching a lot of white perch on the spoon lately on Falls. Most are small but last weekend started to catch some better ones in the 1/2lb and up range. Kept marking fish on the depthfinder in slightly shallower water than what the crappie been at and eventually figured em out. These are midlake so dont know whats happening up Eno way. They sure do pull good and are right tasty in the grease!
    o2bbassin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by o2bbassin
    Been catching a lot of white perch on the spoon lately on Falls. Most are small but last weekend started to catch some better ones in the 1/2lb and up range. Kept marking fish on the depthfinder in slightly shallower water than what the crappie been at and eventually figured em out. These are midlake so dont know whats happening up Eno way. They sure do pull good and are right tasty in the grease!
    No lies there.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

I take my boys out in the summer and load up on perch. They are fun and easy to catch. 100 a day is easy! Surprisingly, I catch mine usually in about 3-5 ft. of water in the heat of the day in summer. Go figure. They are fun and sure do taste good! I'm glad somebody else shares my passion!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you guys on the white perch. They are tasty and give you a good pull as well. I caught one last week but that was it. He was right there with the crappie deep but that was the only one. He was small but sometimes they get nice size. They are aggressive fish. When I get them fishing for crappie this time of year when the bite is soft most of the time if I have one of thos perch they have the jig all the way in their mouth. They tend to take the float under fast and thats a tip that its a perch sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking White Bass? Yummy!

Fish Crazy, I've been looking for good-sized white bass for years. Last time I caught any of good size was at the Falls spillway when it had water in the spring. Can you tell us where they are or might be right now? I haven't tried the Hwy50 boat launch down at the boat ramps because the water's so low.
    Sometimes folks can't tell the difference betwixt small white perch and white bass. I just don't say nothin. Folks get right adament about knowing fish.
    Thanks, Ms. Catfish

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I knew. I rarely catch them out of the lake. I do get them on the eno river in the spring though. Wish I could find them in the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

why do all the good fishing spots require me to drive so far ?!?!?!

and when I do go to these places I don't catch anything
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

If these are the same white perch types I used to catch on Lake Erie they were the best bait stealers I ever found. Can't tell you how many night crawlers were ripped apart by them when trying to get walleyes.