Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Story-What Not To Do !

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fish Story-What Not To Do !

Well fishing friends, Let me share one with you. I went to Ft. Stewart this morning early,I arrived at the pond about daylight, Set up my fishing chair down at the waters edge, Took my two ultra light spining outfits and a container of wax worms. I baited up and cast out and set each one up aganist the arm of the chair and sat down for a while. No bites.So i decided to go back to the car and get the earth worms and try them. I stood up and took one step and heard a noise behind me. I turned just in time to see my favorite ul rod and reel going thru the water like it had outboard motor strapped to it. I never had a chance to grab it ! It was out of sight in a flash. I was sick to my stomach. I just sat down in the chair and looked at the water, Angery at my self for loseing about a fifty dollar outfit. About that time I saw my cork pop up about sixty feet out. My first thought was I will never be able to cast that far. But I had power pro line on my reels and it cast great so I went to my car and looked in my tackle box and picked up a large deep diveing crank bait , Tied it on and walked to the waters edge and cast as hard as i could. Well I could not done better if I had walked out and dropped it down. It landed about a foot past my cork. I held my breath and turned the handle. I felt the plug catch the line and then I felt the weight of the reel on the other end. I kept reeling and reached down and picked up my reel and rod ! The reel had caught on something on the bottom and the fish had straightened out the hook and gotten off. I looked up and said Thank you Lord for careing about the little things in my life and for loveing me. Boy was I happy! ,Next time they will be in my rod holders. Good Fishing to all ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy, you should send your stories to the guy who does the Harry and Charlie pieces in Bassmaster. This one is good and your Yoohoo bottle vs. the gator was a riot.

I imagine that sick feeling you had was the same as the guy who lost the baitcaster rig we pulled out of the lake a few weeks ago. Glad you got yours back. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

That is great!

uncleroy Guest

Default Good Catch !!

That had to be the "catch of the day" or "week". But we would really also like to hear that you went on to catch something to mess up some grease with. I have hardly had time to think about fishing lately, the heat has me so tired in the evenings that I do not want to do anything. But I am sure glad you got your rig back. Roy

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Great Catch !

Thanks everyone, I was so happy to have my favorite rod and reel back I forgot all about fishing . When I sat up that morning, large mouth bass were breaking the water all around me. I should have known better than to turn my back on my poles. When bass are feeding as they were then, thay will take most any bait. Well I sure was happy to get my rig back. I sure am hungery for a mess of fish. May go early in the morning before it gets too hot. Good luck to all ! Jimmy S.