Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton - Catch and Release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton - Catch and Release

Water Temp 38, Water clairity - clear, windy

We arrived around 9:30 and fished until around 3. We practiced catch and release all day - getting ready for spring spawn:D :D

Oh.....did we fail to mention we really only did 1/2 of the catch and release program....we were set to release, but didn't do any catching Not even one bite. We talked to several other boats and no one else had caught anything either.

We did see PoleBender and he was still fishing when we left. Don't know if he found them later in the day. Hopefully he will post something. He did see that Todds rods float - we threw one in the lake :D

We were tempted to do the chumming trick we saw previously posted on this site. I think we tried every color combination in the boat. We fished from mile long bridge to greaser creek. Oh well....it was nice to be out on the water.

Frosty - Please send us the link for the weather forecast. See it wasn't you - us too - no fish

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is it was a great day to be on the lake and visiting with Mr. and Mrs. JJ was great but costly. I did see a rod thrown out of the boat and sure enough it floated, so I will be buying them dinner. I will also add that it took almost all day and finally around 4:00 I found some fish. I noticed several boats sitting in the same spot all afternoon so on the way in I decided to try the area. As soon I dropped in I caught a nice crappie a.k.a Anti Skunk Fish! Dropped in again and got hung up, retied and caught 2 more before calling it a day. I was talking to another boat that had been there earlier and returned. Here is the deal the water temp was 40 in this area and the crappie were in 25 to 30 feet over a flat bottom with brush near the channel. They had 12 and I gave them mine to give them 1 limit. I talked to with 4 others at the ramp and none of them had any fish. color was white tube with red jig head. By the way they told me the other boat that had been there caught 20 some before leaving and the best time was around 1:00.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ's... Guess we all have those days I have more than others Nice to be on ths water though!! I have one antidote that WE all use... AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN ANY FISH!!:D :D (that seems to help)

PoleBender... Way to stick it out. Sound like next time will be better.

Did anyone see Beagleman around?
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Was that in the old state park aera? Oh well:D We are glad you got the skunk off you We will have to wait until next weekend. If the weather holds were going out with Richard from the Bucksaw Marina. I'am sure we will learn how to catch them in the Bucksaw area.Did you catch any on the pole you found floating in the water?:rolleyes:
    No sign of Beagle

Post Thanks / Like

No not in the old state park, see the PM I sent you. I drifted a minnow on the floating pole but did not catch anything on it. I had two jigs tied on the wally rod and caught ever fish on the bottom jig.

I have not met Beagle yet so I can say if he was there or not.

Post Thanks / Like

That's one of the great things about this website. I didn't feel so bad about not getting out on the water.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle and i went to cc. We didn't need any ice for the cooler. No fish lots fo ice above and below the bridge. Fished under the bridge no good. Got there at 11 left at 3. Bad day no fish, no guys to meet.

Post Thanks / Like

one thing about it -it won't be long before we will all be loading up the boat with toads:D :D as Mrs JJ and I call them and we are looking forward to it too! Nothing like that big thud at the bottom of the line.:D and pulling up a nice slab for dinner...yum yum. Think I need to go to the freezer and lay out a package for dinner.