Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting ready for spring!

Post Thanks / Like

Default getting ready for spring!

Its just around the corner, anyone out on truman today? From the looks of it yesterday it was pretty icy around shawnee bend...seemed warm today though I had to work. I'm ready for those big upper osage slabs!..Has anyone ever fished the upper extreme end of the osage like around monegaw springs or were the sac meet on up...I have a great place i have to try here soon, you launch your boat at brush creek in osceola and head down stream toward weubleu creek..and fish the bluff to the right you can catch some nice ones there but I havent been there lately so I'm itchin to try it out soon...This year I have made it a point to fish the talley bend area more and some spots around berry bend...anyone ever just focus on one section of the lake or do you get scatter brained and fish everywhere... I have also decided to fish two colors this year black and chartreuse and red and chartreuse...I have so many colors I dont know what to do with them so I condensing my selection this year. Rocky top bait shop here in warsaw makes some great jig skirts and they will special make them for you also 100 skirts for 12.00 not too bad you all should give them a try if you already havent...ok..I'm done rambling fish on everyone! and have a great year..hope too meet some of you this year...bug man I think I saw you at the dam last year i was with my beagle pup I didnt even realize it was you if it was you on the west side of the dam by the little spill way.

Post Thanks / Like

We were supposed to fish Truman today with a guide, but he told us it was froze up - his boat was froze in the dock and the mile long bridge is froze.

We normally do most of our fishing down around Osage Bluff, but we are hoping this year to venture out a bit, but if we are able to catch our limit at Osage, there isn't much reason to run all over the lake.

Maybe we will see you some time. We have a red Champion.

Post Thanks / Like

Osage bluff is nice I live about 6 miles from the boat ramp and 12 miles from fairfield..and I caught some nice fish on the little pomme last year..however..I grew up fishing the upper osage and I just cant get over the size of the white crappie up there..its a little further drive and I love the scenery up there also i will be looking for ya...i have a nice spot up there also..its in turpin branch over by the boat ramp off of the points, in the spring not much visible cover but the crappie really gather up in there!

Post Thanks / Like

I was only down there once Heb just sightseeing when they were runnin water......if you get on the eye's holler and i'll come up.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on hitting if the weather works with me a little. I need to rip some lips, I only have 7 weeks left till I go on my field trip!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Well hi, Ed. I was just about to welcome you to the board and then I saw it was you. I'm guessing that you didn't get the problem with access cleared up and went to a new name. When I saw that name, "shallow", I thought of you (not because you're a shallow guy - you're not - but because I know you like that shallow pattern and knew about Truman.) Well, welcome anyway. I've found a way to keep my tackle bag from bouncing out of the boat - I'm going to tie it to a rope that's tied to my, oh well, you get the idea. Good to hear from you again.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah its good to see ya back in action
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Saturday and Sunday and caught limits of good fish. Had to fish about 35-40ft of water anywhere from 16-25ft down. Anyone else hit the lake this weekend?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali
    Went out Saturday and Sunday and caught limits of good fish. Had to fish about 35-40ft of water anywhere from 16-25ft down. Anyone else hit the lake this weekend?
    where and what were they hitting ??? how many ?? ice anywhere ??:D
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER
    where and what were they hitting ??? how many ?? ice anywhere ??:D
    What he said. Inquiring minds do want to know.

Shallow, it's good to have you back. I thot you had been "banned" or something?? We would have missed your input in here.

C'mon Springtime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast