Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt Drill Battery ????

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dewalt Drill Battery ????

I have an older 18v dewalt drill. It has 18v nicad XR2 batteries. Is this the same as the XRP? Will the XRP charge with my original charger or will I have to buy another charger? I ain't done much googling, but I don't see the answer I want.

Thanks,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

No clue Tom, I don't even use dewalt cordless tools due to the fact that they are so popular. I have some ancient Makitas that work just fine. Plus, I don't have to worry about my batteries and charger growing legs and walking off a jobsite like the dewalt owners do. I am sure that someone can tell you.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older Dewalt 12v and a new xp 12v. The batteries and charge are the same. Hope this helps.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdant
    I have an older Dewalt 12v and a new xp 12v. The batteries and charge are the same. Hope this helps.
    Thanks.

They sure are proud of them batteries. Dewalt must be related to Humminbird.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom the people at lowes told my wife that people who make a living with these kinds of tools was getting away from DeWalt and going to Hitachi - thet advised DeWalt was not holding up so they were looking else where and Hitachi was the brand he was selling mostly now - as for me I ended up with a craftsmen as my wife will not spend the big bucks on tools - I good woth craftsman though - but my batteries gave out on my old craftsmen and would not recharge - but it was cheaper to buy a drill than it was new batteries
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a store here in Chesapeake http://www.batteriesplus.com/
    that rebuilds battery packs. They are all over the place. Someone did some searching and found a place cheaper than them but I forget the name.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

The reason Dewalt has gone down hill is that Sears bought them.

Post Thanks / Like

i think it should be the same
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a plumbing contractor and have been using battery tools in my company since they came available. I do know that the two dewalt batteries you've mentioned ARE interchangable. I believe I saw recently at a Home Depot that dewalt has come out with a 2 pack of batteries for 89.95. I don't know if it's going to be permanent or just a temporary special. As far as the tools themselves go, I prefer Ridgid only because they have a lifetime warranty on the tools and lifetime replacement on the batteries. In my company, I have some trucks with Dewalt, some with Ridgid, some with Hitachi, Milwakee, and some with ryobi. As for durability, the Hitachi and ryobi are about the same. Once they wear out we just throw them away and replace them. The Milwakee seem to be the best but most expensive followed by Dewalt. Just my .02
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Thanks.

They sure are proud of them batteries. Dewalt must be related to Humminbird.

look very closely at a black and decker batt
    Stinkies Daddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast