Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Ed, This Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default Man Ed, This Board

I hate to complain, but for months now many of my reply to post will not go through. I have to save them in my Word on my computer and wait until the board will accept it at some point later.

Other than it going down a good bit this is my number one complaint. The same thing happens to me when I reply to a PM many times.

Is there something I or you or anyone can do to help this problem? It happens more when it's a quote reply than any other time.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    I hate to complain, but for months now many of my reply to post will not go through. I have to save them in my Word on my computer and wait until the board will accept it at some point later.

Other than it going down a good bit this is my number one complaint. The same thing happens to me when I reply to a PM many times.

Is there something I or you or anyone can do to help this problem? It happens more when it's a quote reply than any other time.

Skip
    Hey Skip:

I've not had any problems loosing my posts with or without quotes so it may be something with your browser. Lets keep our fingers crossed that after Ed replaces his router we won't have any more trouble with the site going down.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to complain as well, but is the site really slow for anyone else? I feel like I am back on 28.8 dialup. And I am just now getting email notifications on posts from 2 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not having any trouble. Site has been working fine. I also wonder if it may be a problem with your browsers. Try Firefox or Opera. I personally use all 3. Firefox 90% Opera 10% IE as little as possible.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 01-14-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have problems with long posts, but sometimes the site will go down while I'm typing sometimes.
    If you are using IE, I'd suggest you update to the newest version.
    Personally I use FireFox as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Have the newest IE browser and have Firefox, but don't use it any longer as I don't like it when you need to download some things it will not ans then have to revert back to IE to do the down load. That happens a lot with Firefox so that one is out for me.

If this happened at any of the other 5-6 boards I go to then I would take a look at my system, but I never have trouble at any other boards. This is the only place??? And if you count the sports boards it's more like 8 boards other than this I go to.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

It may just be how long it takes to type the long post and the site goes down while typing, not the actual length of the post itself?
    This has happened to me a few times, it actually happened last night while PMing someone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 0 probs when the site is up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smoothlures
    It may just be how long it takes to type the long post and the site goes down while typing, not the actual length of the post itself?
    This has happened to me a few times, it actually happened last night while PMing someone.
    Anything is possible with this stuff. This is not something that just started in the last month or two. However it is much worse at times and at other time I have no trouble at all.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I am using Firefox and have no problems with other sites or message boards.
    This site just now started working for me, it quit about 5 pm today. Back on now but it is sooo slow. Pretty sure its not my comp because all other sites work fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast