Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing in Georgia

cmistfp Guest

Default Fishing in Georgia

Hello Georgians, I'm coming up there in two weeks for vacation and I am hoping to squeeze some fishing in. I'll be around Stone Mountain for a few days . Any good fishing around there ? The fishing here in Florida has been a little slow . Too hot during the day with evening thunderstorms . I haven't done much early morning fishing . I would like to catch a few panfish mostly crappie and bluegill . Thanks and good fishing all ! Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing In Georgia-Chris

Hello Chris ! Welcome to Crappie.Com Georgia Board, It's good to hear from you ! We will welcome you to the great state of Georgia. There is some great fishing in north Georgia. I hope some of the anglers from north georgia will see your post and put you on some good fishing. I am in south east Georgia at Savannah. How about it north georgia anglers, Let us hear from you and thanks in advance for your help. Good luck Chris and let us hear from you again. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing in Georgia=Fatboy

Fatboy ,thanks for your help ! I enjoy reading your post on the main board. Come back and visit us again on the Georgia board, You are welcome. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Fatboy ,thanks for your help ! I enjoy reading your post on the main board. Come back and visit us again on the Georgia board, You are welcome. Jimmy S.
    Your welcome jimmy. Glad i could help.

cmistfp Guest

Default Thanks Fatboy

Hey thanks, I'm gonna check it out this eve. Been so damn hot here in Fl I haven't fished at all this week. Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Florida

I spend the winter months in Florida and do a lot of speck fishing. Just wondering what part of Fl. that you are fishing and what your success has been?

cmistfp Guest

Default Fishin' Florida

Hello , I live in Windermere , Fl. Which is in west Orange county just west of Orlando . The Butler chain of lakes surround Windermere . I am fortunate to have five little lakes in my neighborhood . They are nice fishing holes and were completely private property until last august when the first resident(me) moved in this new neighborhood . Before that this was all orange grove with no houses at all around here . The speck fishing was good a few weeks ago but has been pretty bad as of late. It has been very hot here . I should mention that I am just an average joe fishing off the bank . I have built a small fishing boat to fish these ponds but haven't finished painting it . Hopefully this weekend it will be done . I would like to try some bottom bumping with minnows or nite fishing . There's plenty of good fishing here if you have a boat . If you get down here sometime send me an Email [email protected] and if it's not too hot we'll go out and get us a few. Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing In Georgia- Chris

Hello Chris, Sounds like you have some prime fishing there around you.Hope you get that boat finished and slip it in the water real soon.Just wanted to touch base with you on fishing in north Georgia, Don't know how much time you will have but there is place near Atlanta called Lake Lanier. Never have fished it myself but sure would like to. I have heard that it has some good spec fishing as well as large mouth bass and bluegill. Don't know any more than that . I was thinking one of the other Georgia anglers could help you out on that. But anyway it's good to have you here on Georgia crappie.com. Take care and good fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chris I do live here in Atlanta and try to fish for crappie as much as I can. I am going to Allatoona tomorrow 07/10/04 and will post a report next week. If you are going to be near Stone Mountain there is a small lake at the park, they may have boat rental if you are not bring a boat.It is trolling motor only lake and not too big.I have read some articles in our Georgia Outdoors news mag. that it has some nice crappie in it.
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast