Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: humminbird 787c2i

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default humminbird 787c2i

looking for some info on the 787c2i what are some opinions on this unit
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking also I have a 787 c2 and want a wide view transducer to read surface fish, If it will

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I just installed a 787c2i on the console of my boat. I couldn't afford going the next step up, but wanted a good color unit that had GPS chartplotting capability.

When I bought the unit it came with a transom mount transducer. Humminbird has an exchange program where if you send them the transom mount they'll send you an in-hull transducer. That's the way I wanted to go so I put off installation till I go the in-hull.

Rigged it all up on Saturday with a Ram mount off the side of my console. Think I'm really going to like it once I figure out how to operate everything with it. I still need to purchase a navionics chip for it. I'll let you know how it goes once I can get on the water to try it out.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Had mine for about a year now. Like it, Love it, I definetly would buy another one. I just might put one up front on the T.M. The Pixel count is awesome and the color makes it much easier to see subltle echos. The sensitivity is easy to adjust and with the s.d. card, the GPS accuracy is unmatched. Its also good for trolling because you can watch your speed and mark structure as you pass over and come back to it later and jig or whatever.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review i didnt know about he transducer swap
    i may do that i bought a extra trolling motor transducer and mounting bracket also so I could use both places i did get the navionics
    Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Speck Chaser just call the 1-800-number for Humminbird and they'll tell you where to ship your tansom mount transducer. They'll tell you there's a three day turnaround. I got hemmed up with it being the Holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 787 c2 just purchased another transducer today has the 16 degree cones on both sides and 24 down will try it tommorrow. but my temprature guage did'nt work on new transducer. I can live with that, hope I like it .

Post Thanks / Like

thanks bad brad for the info
    Speck