Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC WATERMEN - Netting ROCKFISH, 2 DAYS AGO.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NC WATERMEN - Netting ROCKFISH, 2 DAYS AGO.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tAbhE-tqNNc

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY REALLY........

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to say the least. I wonder how they got the nets out there. I firmly believe they need to ease the restrictions on them. I have seen schools of rock up in rivers eating everything in sight. Last trip out thats about all I could catch. Under 18", out of season anyway but dam good eating size. Sure they made a big come back but I think they are over doing it now. Whats the answer? I don't know. But I don't think rod and reel fishermen hurt the population of rock anywhere near like those nets do. Maybe they are starting to realize there is a problem and thats why they allowed the nets.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I can HONESTLY say that I have never ever under any circumstance taken/kept/killed or harvested any Fish (or game for that matter) out of season or over the limit of any species as long as I have lived.

And if the commercially caught rockfish are with-in the boundries of the LAW, it sucks- yes......But so be it.

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to imply I kept the fish which I didn't. Like you I have never knowingly kept an illegal fish.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

wish i was there with a rod and reel

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm right about this, I think they can only keep 10 per person per day. So the biggest go in the cooler and the rest are chum. All those fish wasted thanks to the government of good ole N.C.. I will check with a couple of guys that fish out of boats for them during the net days. They told me before it is something along those lines. It's a damn shame. Those 10 will bring them boys a nice check but it ain't enough for a living. Maybe groceries for a couple weeks. Limit the days if you have to to protect the fishery but for god sakes let them keep the fish. Most of them are dead anyway. What a waste. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

dang... what a waste. I wonder if they even gave any away or threw most of them back cause there was too many.
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

Sort Of Makes You Sick To You Stomach Don't It.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend tell me He was out there one day and a trawler put out a set and they could only keep 10 per person. He went behind the boat and pulled in fish they threw back but he said there were hundreds of them floating belly up after being dragged with the net. People get mad when they see that stuff but the man on the boat is trying to make a living. The ones to blame are the politicians for legislating that stupid crap. limit the season. Don't waste the fish. This is nothing. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Same here with the Reds, Specks etc. They set limits on what you can keep as far as size/number then the rest of the dead/injured fish are thrown back in the water with no consideration as to what damage has been done!!! I've seen great speckled trout holes wiped clean in one day by netters!!! NC better wake up like LA and FL has before it is too late.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast