Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A mean mother?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A mean mother?

I guess this kid thought his mother was going to let him experience the world without consequences. I guess this makes her a bad mom by not letting him make his decisions...poor fellow.....:D

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...09/ODD.Car.Ad/

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

more people need to do that
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, I wish my mom had done that to me.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Good for her.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't teaching her son anything. Other than the fact that she is a very hurtful person. Taking the car away for a month would be more of a learning experience than what she did. She did this to hurt and humiliate her son. She did this after she said she believed him when he said that it wasn't his booze. She sounds like a person that hurts their childern so people will feel sorry for them and comfort them. The last sentence says a lot. If you agree with what she did than you should go back and read the last sentence over again. JMO
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I read the last sentence again and I still agree with what she did.

For every action there is a consequence, regardless. She is the parent and he is the child, she sets the rules, his job is to obey them or suffer the consequence.

She knows her son better than anyone and she probably knew that one month would not be enough to open his eyes.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Proverbs 29:15 - The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

Public embarassment will not kill him, it might kill his pride (Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.)...which in turn is not a bad thing, pride builds up to boasting and bragging about stuff like this.
    If she had took the car away for a week, month, or whatever...the kid could then feel that he had "beat" her in a way and ya know how kids are.
    I can hear him telling his friends afterwards.."Aw she did'nt do nothing, just took away my car for x amount of time"
    I commend her for her actions and if more parents today would "snoop" and pay more attention to what thier children are doing, who they are hanging around, and where they are. The parents would be shocked at what they find.
    Our children live in a society that pushes drugs, sex, & idol worship, just to name a few things. We need to see that we the parents/and our willingness to compromise/"not invading our childrens space" (this is so stupid) are the reasons that we have kids going into schools/malls and going on a killing/wounding spree.
    People should realize that we have to stop compromising the laws that God gave us.
    I am going to step on some peoples toes here so ya'll pray for me.

We live in a "feel good" society, if it feels good just do it. Thats what people of the "world" want they want to hear what makes them feel good, they want to read or see on the news what makes them feel good.
    There are grown adults with children, that have pushed aside thier children for thier career, they babysit them with "R" rated video games and movies. So the adult can feel good about themselves and how much they have, how much money they make, while their children are growing up with no one to look up to but the "cool drug dealer" on the corner, the idol worshiping singer on their cd's, the satanic character/thug on the video games that the parents buy them to keep them out of their hair.

Grow up America...listen to the truth and stop compromising the way of God.
    Get involved with your children and thier lives before the devil does.

Proverbs 22:15 - Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13 - Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Proverbs 29:15 - The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

Proverbs 29:17 - Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; he shall give delight unto thy soul.

Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, Does this ever hit home, I sold my son's car when he laid out all night without me knowing where he was at.Didn't know it would of made the head lines though,:p Although the last sentence does sound like the lady wants more praise for what she has done.That part I don't go along with.
    Don't know if selling his car had anything to do with it or not,But that was the only time my son ever gave me any problem,He is grown now, & me & him are the best of buddy's. Although I can out fish him :D

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! she is really teaching him a lesson now, She is running the talk show gambut. She is so excited that everyone wants to talk to her. I stand by my first observation. What at low life for a mother, now she is humiliating her son nationally. JMO
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    Wow! she is really teaching him a lesson now, She is running the talk show gambut. She is so excited that everyone wants to talk to her. I stand by my first observation. What at low life for a mother, now she is humiliating her son nationally. JMO
    everyone has a right to thier own opinion. looks like most people here agree with what she did . MY opinion is that she should get the attention. sounds to me like she cares alot about her son .
    Life is an adventure, It's not the destination we reach thats most rewarding, Its the journey along the way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast